• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Prepping: Where to start?

While i disagree with some elements of this article, for the most part, if follows some thinking I've been having. The preppers tend to tink in terms of "I need to react in seconds / minutes, because someone is about to hurt me." - and I agree with the author that that's not really the appropriate threat scenario. It will be a slow erosion, things will creep into your world.

So, prepare now, and start living as if the apocalypse has already happened. In many ways it has (100 mile border patrol "no 4th amendmend zone" - tell me that's not 100% horseshit).

Note, I am concealed carry permit holder. I have never felt the need to carry full time. But I know that if I need to, I can, and when I decide to go into a scary situation, or in a place where I may feel threatened, I can unlock my case, bring my weapon with me, and I will be within my legal rights to do so).

While i disagree with some elements of this article, for the most part, if follows some thinking I've been having. The preppers tend to tink in terms of "I need to react in seconds / minutes, because someone is about to hurt me." - and I agree with the author that that's not really the appropriate threat scenario. It will be a slow erosion, things will creep into your world.

So, prepare now, and start living as if the apocalypse has already happened. In many ways it has (100 mile border patrol "no 4th amendmend zone" - tell me that's not 100% horseshit).

Note, I am concealed carry permit holder. I have never felt the need to carry full time. But I know that if I need to, I can, and when I decide to go into a scary situation, or in a place where I may feel threatened, I can unlock my case, bring my weapon with me, and I will be within my legal rights to do so).

^THIS^

Back
Top Bottom