Price of Ammo

Look at the price of 1K Privi 5.56 at Four Seasons and then compare that price to the many other places you can get it online.You will notice a MAJOR price differance.Golden Tiger 7.62x39 is $270 or so at Four Seasons, and around $180 at Rileys.

Ammo is a LOT more expensive than it should be because people are paying the obscene prices.

One shop that I know of is selling 20 round boxes of Privi .308 for $14.95 each..I can't find this ammo for more than $.50 a round,except here in MA.Rileys has it for $10 a box...

Ever notice how shops are more than proud to display the letter from ATK announcing yet ANOTHER price increase ?

Can anyone here that has walked into a gunshop honestly say there is an ammo shortage ?

Just so everyone knows, ATK has been featured in Businessweek. The fundamentals of the operation have been discussed. The biggest concern is the decrease of military usage of ammunition over the next 5-10 years. ATK admits that they are trying to raise the price of civilian ammunition to keep profits.

I am not interested in feeding a company that needs to grow same revenues at 20% per year to keep a high p/e multiple on their stocks.

Bill

I am not interested in feeding a company that needs to grow same revenues at 20% per year to keep a high p/e multiple on their stocks.

Bill

Oh noes! ATK wants to make money, so that automatically makes them evil? [laugh]

Does this suddenly make ATK exempt from all the free market forces that the other manufacturers have to deal with? No. If they price their ammo too high, people will start buying it from somewhere else, it's that simple.

-Mike

Oh noes! ATK wants to make money, so that automatically makes them evil? [laugh]

Does this suddenly make ATK exempt from all the free market forces that the other manufacturers have to deal with? No. If they price their ammo too high, people will start buying it from somewhere else, it's that simple.

-Mike

when the war ends, theres going to be massive mil surplus of 7.62x39, 5.45x39, 7.62x54R, 7.62x51, and 5.56x45.
not only will the usual former soviet bloc countries as well as middle eastern be pumping out the russian ammo, all the NATO countries involved in OEF will have tons of NATO ammunition surplus to.

when the war ends, theres going to be massive mil surplus of 7.62x39, 5.45x39, 7.62x54R, 7.62x51, and 5.56x45.
not only will the usual former soviet bloc countries as well as middle eastern be pumping out the russian ammo, all the NATO countries involved in OEF will have tons of NATO ammunition surplus to.

Well, hopefully some of these places will be exporting it to us, but I'm not holding my breath. Some of these countries are now on the IANSA/UN "gun pansy" agreement, which may control/limit the export of ammo. For example, the reason we don't see much SA milsurp anymore is because the south african government, some anti asswipe went "wah" and got them to stop exporting it with the BS excuse that terrorists might be buying it, or some crap like that.

We'd have tons of US milsurp coming back our way if it wasn't for that $#%$% piece of shit Clinton. He signed an EO stating that all excess mil ammo had to be destroyed or at least disassembled. At best the US owned surplus will become bullets, brass, and pull-down powder.

-Mike

Well, hopefully some of these places will be exporting it to us, but I'm not holding my breath. Some of these countries are now on the IANSA/UN "gun pansy" agreement, which may control/limit the export of ammo. For example, the reason we don't see much SA milsurp anymore is because the south african government, some anti asswipe went "wah" and got them to stop exporting it with the BS excuse that terrorists might be buying it, or some crap like that.

We'd have tons of US milsurp coming back our way if it wasn't for that $#%$% piece of shit Clinton. He signed an EO stating that all excess mil ammo had to be destroyed or at least disassembled. At best the US owned surplus will become bullets, brass, and pull-down powder.

-Mike

Excellent points. My buddy in South Africa drives by a warehouse every day on his way to work. They are dismantling millions of rounds of South African milsurp - he seed front end loaders pouring empty brass into dump trucks...[shocked] The UN convinced South Africa not to send the ammo to the USA and I understand Spain dumps theirs into the ocean....

Excellent points. My buddy in South Africa drives by a warehouse every day on his way to work. They are dismantling millions of rounds of South African milsurp - he seed front end loaders pouring empty brass into dump trucks...[shocked] The UN convinced South Africa not to send the ammo to the USA and I understand Spain dumps theirs into the ocean....

the UN needs to go.
we had a joke in kosovo, all vehicles marked with "UN" have a blast radius of 200 meters. both the serbains and albanians would bomb their trucks. the entire country hated the UN with a passion, and 90% of the country loved NATO.

Back
Top Bottom