Purchase of non-large capacity Glock mags?

wheelgun

NES Member
I searched for an hour but couldn't find anything on this.

I have a pre-1998 Glock, and would like to buy a 10-round (LOW capacity) mag for it. What are the restrictions here, if any?

- Do I have to buy a pre-1998 mag, or can I buy a new one?
- If new is OK, can I buy it from out of state (assuming I can find a store that's willing to ship to Mass) ?

Thanks.

No restrictions on owning crippled pistol mags as long as you possess a LTC-A or -B. DOB is irrelevant in this case and you can order from outside MA or buy it in person anywhere. It is easier to get some non-MA dealers to ship low-cap mags to MA even though they won't sell any hi-cap mags here.

<sorry no names/URLs to protect our friends> will ship std capacity mags to MA... I think most will. I'm not affiliated with them other than I've ordered stuff from them many times and have been very pleased with their service. FYI they sell Glock barrels for $100 for most guns.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mod Hat On (for explanation of prior action).

Sorry, but I'm certain that the AG doesn't want anyone shipping ANY mags into MA (even low-capacity), so I feel that we are compelled to remove any such references. Feel free to communicate privately with such info.

Mod Hat On (for explanation of prior action).

Sorry, but I'm certain that the AG doesn't want anyone shipping ANY mags into MA (even low-capacity), so I feel that we are compelled to remove any such references. Feel free to communicate privately with such info.

Sorry. I didn't know that. I can only say that I've had MANY manufacturers send me mags. I'll send a PM to wheelgun.

Understood, but I don't want to take the chance that the AG might get on them for shipping any mags here.

Like you, I've ordered from a Dist that won't ship hi-caps here (or any components, lasers, knives, etc.) but shipped me low-cap mags. I had one gun mfr ship me a free hi-cap pre-ban mag just because I asked them how to tell the difference between pre-ban and currently banned hi-caps. On the other hand some outfits like Sportsmen's Guide won't ship some wooden rifle stocks here!

Just my .02..... but I've -never- had trouble having any vendor ship
low-cap mags here. Typically if a vendor doesn't ship low caps here
than they probably won't sell anything else to this state, either.

edit: According to what Len wrote above, an LTC is required to
posess a low cap feeding device? I thought only large capacity
devices required a license.... ?

-Mike

Last edited:
Mike I am not sure about needing a LTC for low-cap feeding devices (for handguns). I just tried checking the law (Ron's book), but I didn't find anything and I'm tired so I might have missed something.

But my example of a solid wooden stock not being shipped here doesn't require any licenses (to sell or buy) but some dealers won't sell here for fear of the AG (fully justified).

Back
Top Bottom