• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Purchase Waiting Period/Non-Res

JonJ

NES Member
According to CT Statute Chp 529 Section 29-37a, the waiting period shall not apply to the following:

Any federal marshal, parole officer or peace officer
A holder of a valid state permit to carry a pistol or revolver issued under the provisions of section 29-28
An active member of the armed forces of the United States or of any reserve component thereof
A holder of a valid hunting license issued pursuant to chapter 490

My question is, can a non resident that is a police officer or other mentioned LEO, non-resident permit to carry holder or non-resident hunting license holder purchase a long arm without the waiting period?

I believe that the laws of the state where the gun is transferred to apply because it will have to be transferred to the home state of the purchaser throught a ffl. After the transfer your home state laws apply.

I believe that the laws of the state where the gun is transferred to apply because it will have to be transferred to the home state of the purchaser throught a ffl. After the transfer your home state laws apply.

You didn't understand the question.

If a non-resident buys a longarm in CT, as in traveling to CT to make the purchase, does the waiting period apply if he has a, non-res CT permit to carry, non-res CT hunting license, is a non-res LEO?

Last edited:
It does NOT apply if you have a non-res permit to carry. As in walk out with the gun. I don't know about any of the rest.

BTW CT does not really differentiate between a non-res and a resident permit except in how you get it (who you talk to first and who does your prints).

after you get it they consider them the same.

Back
Top Bottom