Purchased a shield at Atlantic Tactical Westwood

"This category includes Fire, EMS, Active and Retired Military, Licensed Security Officers, Judges, District Attorneys as well as Law Enforcement officers."

Active and Retired Military? So the guy that parked planes for 20 years, he's GTG? Smells like...

I actually don't think it's BS. Dealers actually have different distributors for law enforcement sales and pricing than they do for standard commercial gun sales. While I don't see it as a wise business decision, I also don't think there was some sort of huge conspiracy theory here. They're mainly a police supply store to begin with, they got bought out by a police duty gear company, and now they're streamlining their business.

It also isn't uncommon for public safety supply stores to only sell to public safety individuals as it is. I believe Andrea's (hate tht place) goes as far to post signage on the door that non-public safety customers are not welcome.
As far as I'm concerned, the new owners can do exactly as they want. Never missed the place before I knew it was there... won't miss the place now that it is gone. But let's not blame the sudden policy change on the cost of their business liability insurance... please! You don't think that's a stretch? Seriously?

Look at the company history before you answer. Doesn't look like commercial sales or insurance costs were ever any sort of problem for them before Jersey City. [thinking] Jersey City had to be one big, nasty "ouch" to them. That was a nice fat contract to lose as low bidder over "social responsibility."

http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index.ssf/2014/09/jersey_city_will_only_buy_guns.html

Liability insurance, my behind! [laugh]

It also isn't uncommon for public safety supply stores to only sell to public safety individuals as it is. I believe Andrea's (hate that place) goes as far to post signage on the door that non-public safety customers are not welcome.

They must have changed their policy before 2010. My shop is right next door and I pop in there all of the time. They always have a good deal on those cool leather gloves that LEO's wear. I have also purchased pepper spray and holsters there.

The last time I was there, just before Christmas, buying pepper spray for stocking stuffers for all the women in my life, a 60 something woman came in and asked how she went about getting a permit for pepper spray and they told her she didn't need one any more.

They are not exactly warm and fuzzy (no pun intended) but maybe the crash of 09 has them allowing lowly civilians in. [laugh]

I actually don't think it's BS. Dealers actually have different distributers for law enforcment sales and pricing than they do for standard commerical gun sales. While I don't see it as a wise business decision, I also don't think there was some sort of huge conspiracy theory here. They're mainly a police supply store to begin with, they got bought out by a police duty gear company, and now they're streamlining their business.

It also isn't uncommon for public safety supply stores to only sell to public safety individuals as it is. I believe Andrea's (hate tht place) goes as far to post signage on the door that non-public safety customers are not welcome.

And AAA might as well post it. They won't throw you out but you'll wish you never stopped in the place. I avoid the place and could be one of their customers. I have bought from them in the past but since I left the PD (they were our supplier), I cringed every time I had to go in there.

I will say that AT was very different, they greeted customers with a smile and "can I help you" regardless of who walked in there. I don't think their personalities will change other than to be apologetic about the new corporate policy.

"This category includes Fire, EMS, Active and Retired Military, Licensed Security Officers, Judges, District Attorneys as well as Law Enforcement officers."

Active and Retired Military? So the guy that parked planes for 20 years, he's GTG? Smells like...

If you don't like that, take it up with Glock, S&W, etc. Those are NOT AT's policies but they ARE the policies of the so-called LE Distributorship programs that I've read over the years.

---------------

And I agree with richc's Post # 180!

"This category includes Fire, EMS, Active and Retired Military, Licensed Security Officers, Judges, District Attorneys as well as Law Enforcement officers." Active and Retired Military? So the guy that parked planes for 20 years, he's GTG? Smells like...
Well I knew somebody was going to bring this up and get all butthurt about how unfair it is. Yeah I'm one of those didn't ask for that "privilege" and highly unlikely l'll ever go there because it is out of my orbit, and I have no interest in S&W Shields at any price. Please refer to rchc's post. He puts it in perspective. They are a private business and can do whatever they want. Either you support free enterprise or you don't.

Now you want to talk about fair: I don't think that it's fair that a NG or Reserve member who has three or four tours in Iraq and/or Afghanistan but is currently on drill status and not "active" can't apparently buy there. That doesn't seem fair to me but it's their rules.

If purchasing at Atlantic Tactical is real that important to you, the solution is pretty simple: enlist, stay on active duty for 20 years and you can buy all your gats there for the rest of your life. But ya see it really doesn't mean a whole lot in the grand scheme of things and let's see how long these yayhoos stay in business in Mass, I've got my doubts.

Well I knew somebody was going to bring this up and get all butthurt about how unfair it is. Yeah I'm one of those didn't ask for that "privilege" and highly unlikely l'll ever go there because it is out of my orbit, and I have no interest in S&W Shields at any price. Please refer to rchc's post. He puts it in perspective. They are a private business and can do whatever they want. Either you support free enterprise or you don't.

Now you want to talk about fair: I don't think that it's fair that a NG or Reserve member who has three or four tours in Iraq and/or Afghanistan but is currently on drill status and not "active" can't apparently buy there. That doesn't seem fair to me but it's their rules.

If purchasing at Atlantic Tactical is real that important to you, the solution is pretty simple: enlist, stay on active duty for 20 years and you can buy all your gats there for the rest of your life. But ya see it really doesn't mean a whole lot in the grand scheme of things and let's see how long these yayhoos stay in business in Mass, I've got my doubts.

Waaaay off base (ha!) with that one. That sales policy just wreaks of a lame-ass business plan. "And we sell to MILITARY" must part of their winning strategy, er' spiel.

Gee I'm sorry I started this thread. I can't see how in this economy a business thinks they can limit their customer base with all the other competitors who cater to all. They could just offer the "LEO" discount programs while still remaining competitive to others. I give them 12 to 18 months before they change their ways or go under for being too narrowly focused.

I give them 12 to 18 months before they change their ways or go under for being too narrowly focused.

Family-owned since 1955, AAA Police Supply provides a brick-and-mortar retail location with one of the best selections of Law Enforcement and Public Safety equipment in the Northeast. We feature industry-leading brands

We'll see

Just called and looks like they have changed their policy to only sell firearms to LEO and First responders. Was told they were bought by another company last week and this is the new policy.

I can't stand companies that only cater to law enforcement. Money is money, if it's legal to own, why not sell it to the regular public?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They must have changed their policy before 2010. My shop is right next door and I pop in there all of the time. They always have a good deal on those cool leather gloves that LEO's wear. I have also purchased pepper spray and holsters there.

The last time I was there, just before Christmas, buying pepper spray for stocking stuffers for all the women in my life, a 60 something woman came in and asked how she went about getting a permit for pepper spray and they told her she didn't need one any more.

They are not exactly warm and fuzzy (no pun intended) but maybe the crash of 09 has them allowing lowly civilians in. [laugh]
I'll make sure to stop I and say hello next time I visit that godforsaken store. If they weren't the only Blauer dealer on the South Shore, I'd have stopped going a long time ago. Sick of having to shell out $400 every time I need two shirts and couple pairs of pants.

I'll make sure to stop I and say hello next time I visit that godforsaken store. If they weren't the only Blauer dealer on the South Shore, I'd have stopped going a long time ago. Sick of having to shell out $400 every time I need two shirts and couple pairs of pants.

They are crazy expensive and lack any customer relation skills

Why did Atlantic Tactical change it's policy to only allow gun sales to Public Safety personnel?

A: Given our small volume of commercial gun sales and the high cost of liability insurance, we have decided to not renew our commercial gun dealer agreements. We will continue to do business under our Law Enforcement dealer agreements which limit sales to "Public Safety" personnel. This category includes Fire, EMS, Active and Retired Military, Licensed Security Officers, Judges, District Attorneys as well as Law Enforcement officers.

Due to Atlantic Tactical's distribution agreement with GLOCK, Law Enforcement Blue Label Pistols can only be sold to individuals in the following states: PA, NY, NJ, MA, MD, DC, VA

Back
Top Bottom