[Q]40, 60, 80, 100 round AR15 magazines?

Hi all,
I searched and can't find this
I just bought 2 pre-ban 30 round mags from Greg in the Classified forum. Thanks Greg
Now I've seen we have 40-100 round magazines for the AR15. Do we have any pre-ban that more than 30 rounds avail in MA? If so where i can get them?

Thanks

Mmmmm, nothing like doing $40 mag dumps out of $600 drum mags into $50 bleeding zombie targets to make you feel cool. Go mall ninja, go!!!

Mmmmm, nothing like doing $40 mag dumps out of $600 drum mags into $50 bleeding zombie targets to make you feel cool. Go mall ninja, go!!!

I seriously don't want to look cool or Ninja mall with the ugly 100-round drum but ok with a longer 50 round mags. just for my convenience in any circumstance. Carry 2 50 rounds mags is much more better than carry 5 20 round mags. That's all. convenience :)

I seriously don't want to look cool or Ninja mall with the ugly 100-round drum but ok with a longer 50 round mags. just for my convenience in any circumstance. Carry 2 50 rounds mags is much more better than carry 5 20 round mags. That's all. convenience :)

What's your definition of "carry?" And have you shot an AR with a 100 round drum? That's a lot of weight hanging off the bottom of the rifle - makes any sort of accurate shooting pretty damn difficult, and most standard shooting positions pretty much impossible.

What's your definition of "carry?" And have you shot an AR with a 100 round drum? That's a lot of weight hanging off the bottom of the rifle - makes any sort of accurate shooting pretty damn difficult, and most standard shooting positions pretty much impossible.

Carry meant put them in a gun bag, inside a vest, whenever bring them to the range, at home, etc... , 2 always convenient than 5. I've never shot 100 rounds or even seen one, i just asked the question for stocking purpose, prefer to have longer mags (50 rounds) than the drum...
Yes I do like how the gun looks best and function right(who doesn't??) but not in this case. Once again, Stocking purposes.

Hi all,
I searched and can't find this
I just bought 2 pre-ban 30 round mags from Greg in the Classified forum. Thanks Greg
Now I've seen we have 40-100 round magazines for the AR15. Do we have any pre-ban that more than 30 rounds avail in MA? If so where i can get them?

Thanks

I do believe pre ban 40 rounders exist, but you'll be searching for a while.

Carry meant put them in a gun bag, inside a vest, whenever bring them to the range, at home, etc... , 2 always convenient than 5. I've never shot 100 rounds or even seen one, i just asked the question for stocking purpose, prefer to have longer mags (50 rounds) than the drum...
Yes I do like how the gun looks best and function right(who doesn't??) but not in this case. Once again, Stocking purposes.

Try it before you buy it, you'll see what everyone means. It's a dumb mall ninja catalog accessory and an absolutely useless waste of money.

Said the guy who probably never carried a combat load of 210 rounds of 5.56. There is a reason that the mags the Army issues are 30 rounders......because magazines actually have some ****ing weight to them.........you need to spread that weight out across your LBE, LBV, or MOLLE. I can't even imagine a 100 round mag being carried in one place on my gear. 100 rounders are straight up mall ninja bullshit......if 100 rounders made any type of tactical sense don't you think the Army or Marines would issue them? Those 100 rounders are cool on call of duty though I bet[rofl]

Last edited:
Said the guy who probably never carried a combat load of 210 rounds of 5.56. There is a reason that the mags the Army issues are 30 rounders......because magazines actually have some ****ing weight to them.........you need to spread that weight out across your LBE, LBV, or MOLLE. I can't even imagine a 100 round mag being carried in one place on my gear. 100 rounders are straight up mall ninja bullshit......if 100 rounders made any type of tactical sense don't you think the Army or Marines would issue them? Those 100 rounders are cool on call of duty though I bet[rofl]

IMO, the 100 round Beta-mag's are movie hype. Hell, even the 60 and 100 round Surefire mag's are too much $$ for what you get. I can get over a dozen 30 round PMag's for the cost of a 60 round Surefire mag. Hell, even in MA, you can get more capacity via 30 round pre-ban mags for less money.

A 100 round Beta-mag might be ok with something vehicle mounted, or otherwise in a fixed position. Or if you're set up in a fixed location and won't need to move (at all) from it. Otherwise, just learn to keep track of your shots and perform tactical reloads. The 2-5 second delay as you change mag's won't mean all that much.

gotta say that if i was ever wearing my plate carrier for srs biznizz... i wouldn't want anything to do with a c-mag. they are too finicky, too bulky, and too hard to carry.

i have three HSGI double TACO pouches for a total of six rifle magazines on my carrier. the TACO pouches are good shit and will carry any 5.45/5.56/7.62x39 mag you can stuff in them. when they aren't so close together i was told by a friend you can even stuff .308 mags in there.

IMO, the 100 round Beta-mag's are movie hype. Hell, even the 60 and 100 round Surefire mag's are too much $$ for what you get. I can get over a dozen 30 round PMag's for the cost of a 60 round Surefire mag.

At least the surefire mag though usually isn't jammomatic junk like a Beta is, though. Betas have to be "spoken to nicely" before they will dispense the payload. [rofl]

-Mike

At least the surefire mag though usually isn't jammomatic junk like a Beta is, though. Betas have to be "spoken to nicely" before they will dispense the payload. [rofl]

-Mike

From what I've seen/heard, at least with the Surefire 60 round mag, they're not perfect. Not as reliable as the standard width magazines (up to 40 round capacity). Anytime you go from the standard double stack to a quad stack, it's adding layers of complexity. If you're just doing mag dumps at the range, NBD. If you're in a SHTF situation though, you want/need 100% reliable magazines. I could load up at least four 40 round (or more 30 round) PMags for what one empty 60 or 100 round Surefire would cost me. [smile] That's not even pre-ban configurations. There the delta is even wider.

Back
Top Bottom