Question about application

hello everyone i'm new here and looking to get my ltc-class a in pembroke i completed the course and went down to the pembroke police station to get an application and was told they didn't have any and they'd call when they got more is it not just a couple of photocopied papers? thanks again for any responses

Yes, it is just 2 pages stapled together, and the first one is double-sided (so, I guess it's 3 pages). You should be able to find it online, and just print it out, I would think. It's really too bad they don't have them available to class participants, because it is obvious they need that for the next step in the process.[rolleyes] They didn't have them at my class either...

If they feel like being difficult they may not accept it because it doesn't have their photo-copied letterhead.

The form is THE OFFICIAL FORM from the State and the only one authorized by law to be used . . . not that some PDs haven't "created" their own forms.

In any event, the form is strictly used to take the info filled in there and enter it into the MIRCS system upon your "interview" (or whatever they call it) when they fingerprints electronically and a photo for the LTC.

Without a form, if you walk in "blind" and they start asking those questions about court appearances, other gun permits, etc. it is much to easy to inadvertently end up perjuring yourself or not having adequate info with you. [In my case the only hard question is various license numbers as I only carry my FL Permit when I'm traveling outside New England. For others, arrests, charges, dates and dispositions are extremely important to put on the application and not something that most people carry in their memory.]

thanks guys, that was my only concern if i used one i print myself online if they would care that it's not the exact one from them but all the question's and everything seem to be the same.

your "interview" (or whatever they call it) when they fingerprints electronically and a photo for the LTC.

Lucky you, when I was fingerprinted it was with the old school ink pad and paper. My town has yet to get an electronic fingerprint machine and boy is that ink hard to get off.

Lucky you, when I was fingerprinted it was with the old school ink pad and paper. My town has yet to get an electronic fingerprint machine and boy is that ink hard to get off.

No, mine was done the old fashioned way since they didn't have the camera setup back when I got my last LTC. But it is my understanding that under the MIRCS system they do it electronically. I'll tell you for sure in a month, that's when I go in to be re-done.

No, mine was done the old fashioned way since they didn't have the camera setup back when I got my last LTC. But it is my understanding that under the MIRCS system they do it electronically. I'll tell you for sure in a month, that's when I go in to be re-done.

I got my LTC in August 2009 and my town did the printing with paper and ink and the photograph with a digital webcam. I'm assuming the MIRCS system was setup by then so apparently it handles paper and ink.

Granted the lady who did the prints said it takes longer this way since they have to mail the paper to someone to do the background check.

Hmm, that would mean that they are doing them the old-fashioned, inefficient way. I'll find out for sure.

If you live in a town that spends even a small amount on their police department I'd expect you'd get printed with the electronic machines. I used to think my town taxed us enough to buy nice things, but I guess they don't. Even Umass Amherst can afford an electronic printing machine for their police... and a Sig P220 for all 63 officers.

Back
Top Bottom