Question for Aimpoint users regarding the different models...

Now, let me preface this by saying that I love me EOTech 512.

However, I figure that it's nice to have some variety. I want to put optics on an A4-configuration rifle-length I have and I want to use an Aimpoint.

My question is, would you pay the extra $60 or so to get the ML3 over the ML2? I don't need the NV capability so the ML series works for me. The M4 is just too expensive.

And would you mount it with a standard vertical mount or a cantilever mount? I intend to use a LaRue mount any way I go.

cantilever if you plan on adding or want the abilility to add a magnifier [smile]

if i could do it again, i would have ordered the M3 (ML3) because of the smaller dot.

otherwise, i'm 100% happy with mine... will eventually add that 3x magnifier

I'm assuming you have the ML2?

yup. w / cantilever mount. [smile]

the best feature is the most obvious... remove, reapply and it's still on target at 50 yards [smile]

i've shot up to 300 yards and it hits point of aim using xm-193... with Silver Bear, not so much... i've yet to test it passed 100 yards w / PMC or Privi

I would pay $60 extra for the 3 series since you get new switch technology and much better battery life. Have you considered the C3 model? Same swtich as M/ML3 except not as waterproof and no NV capabilities. i am running a setup with a magnifier without a cantielever mount. Works just fine. I am also using Aimpoints with 4 MOA dots and have no issues hitting targets at 200 yards.

I went with the Larue Mount and the ML2 package on the Larue website. I dont need NV as well, it is very clear and works well. The Larue mount is awesome, cowitnesses with my YHM BUIS sightsa perfectly on my Armalite M15 carbine.

>>Have you considered the C3 model?<<

This represents the best bang for the buck in the Aimpoint line.

Well, LaRue doesn't offer the C3 series and even with dealer discount from Midway it'll come out to about the same price as the ML2/ML3 after buying the mount and shipping from two sources, so I'm mainly looking at those two models.

How is the switch improved on the ML3 over the ML2?

Back
Top Bottom