• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Question on NH License to Sell Pistols and Revolvers

I'm an FFL in NH. Mostly do Gunsmith work on a small scale. Trying to comply with the state law that says:
" § Sec. 159:8 License to Sell. The selectmen of a town and the chief of police of a city may grant licenses, the form of which shall be prescribed by the director of the division of state police, effective for not more than 3 years from date of issue, permitting the licensee to sell at retail pistols and revolvers subject to the following conditions, for breach of any of which the licensee shall be subject to forfeiture: "
Most towns have this form on their web sites, my town does not and calls to the town offices have been fruitless. Any NH FFLs experienced this ? Thanks in advance!

assuming you are in a Town and not a city, GO to the Selectman's office and request the form, and if they say it is not required ask for them to put on letterhead that one is not required and have it signed by the Town Manager or Chair of the B.O.S.

If that does not work ask to be put on the agenda for the next meeting

If the form is prescribed by the NHSP, look at a few towns websites and I bet they are pretty generic.

The fee for the permit is another story

Back
Top Bottom