Questions about 9mm carry ammo

I currently carry remington gold saber. before shit hit the fan it was 29.99 a box for 25. Is this one of the better carry ammos? what ammo line/ manufacturer do you carry?

from DocGKR:

Please note that all of the recommended pistol loads listed below have been personally tested and vetted by Dr. Roberts. THEY ARE NOT IN ORDER OF PERFORMANCE, SO ANY BULLET ON THE LIST IS CONSIDERED ACCEPTABLE.

9mm

Barnes XPB 115gr HP (35515) such as loaded by Cor-Bon (DPX09115)
Winchester Partition Gold 124gr JHP (RA91P)
Winchester Ranger-T 124 gr +P JHP (RA9124TP)
Winchester Ranger Bonded 124 gr +P JHP (RA9BA)
Winchester Ranger-T 127gr JHP +P+ (RA9TA)
Winchester Ranger-T 147gr JHP (RA9T)
Winchester Bonded 147gr JHP (RA9B/Q4364)
Speer Gold Dor 124gr JHP
Speer Gold Dot 124gr JHP +P (53617)
Speer Gold Dot 147gr JHP (53619)
Remington Golden Saber 124 gr +P JHP bonded (GSB9MMD)
Remington Golden Saber 147gr JHP (GS9MMC)
Federal Tactical 124gr JHP (LE9T1)
Federal Tactical 135gr JHP +P (LE9T5)
Federal HST 147gr JHP (P9HST2)
Federal HST 124gr JHP +P (P9HST3)

I currently carry remington gold saber. before shit hit the fan it was 29.99 a box for 25. Is this one of the better carry ammos? what ammo line/ manufacturer do you carry?

I carry an Sr9c love it to death never had an issue. I've fired 50rds of the gold saber, no malfunctions.

Gold Sabre is fine, and so is Hornady, Federal, Winchester etc. etc... Honestly, the primary concern for me is reliability. I am far less concerned about ballistics. 4 out of 5 criminals can't tell the difference when shot in the chest from 25'

My choice Speer Gold Dot 147gr JHP (53619)

I have several 9MM carry guns and it works with all, is accurate with all, and I like the reduced recoil of heavier bullets. In Gelatin tests, it performs well from 3.5" barrel which is the shortest I carry

All other things being equal, won't heavier bullets produce more recoil?

Not necessarily. It's the hotter +P, +P+ ammo combined w/the physical size of the gun that produces the felt recoil.
I don't think we disagree on that, all things being equal - meaning same muzzle velocity, a heavier bullet will produce more recoil energy. "Felt recoil" being a combination of recoil energy and recoil velocity, I guess your mileage may vary, but the movement of the gun in recoil is a result of the mass of the bullet moving in the other direction.

" All other things being equal, won't heavier bullets produce more recoil." And of course we all know of many 147 grain loads which have the same velocity as those wimp 115's.

Golden saber is great for guns that have a hard time feeding other hollow points. I carry them in my LCP because they are 102 grain and perform well at the lower velocity, however I am a Winchester Ranger T die-hard in most other calibers.

First, try proper syntax. Secondly, if all things, including velocity, are the same, of course the heavier bullet would generate more recoil. Third, the minutely small difference in weight of propellant in a tiny cartridge like the 9MM makes a, you guessed it, minutely small difference in recoil energy. Fourth, recoil impulse and recoil energy are not the only contributors to "felt recoil". Add in shape of firearm, size and thickness of hand, bullet time in barrel and I'm sure a host of other things.

Back
Top Bottom