"raised" front sight post for AR? availability?

Bought a no name upper a while ago and only shot it once. Appears to have a regular height front sight and with the M4 style upper it needs a new extended front sight post to get the group where it should be. I think this is the problem and do not want to install a new FSB as it has a pinned and welded comp.

Anyone know where to find an extended front sight pin without having to spend $10 on shipping for a $5 part? Would like to find something before the VI shoot this weekend (long shot).

Thanks

I've got to agree with black heat shrink being your friend for a quick fix. If you can find the good stuff with the heat set adhesive on the inside, that would be perfect.

If I were looking, I'd call Guns & Gun Parts in West Springfield, but they aren't exactly local to you. They have an interesting assortment of parts.

I haven't had to deal with the non 'F' FSB with an M4 before - I'm not sure if a higher post would put the top outside the ears or not. I'm curious to know how well it works, if you find one.

Good luck!

I think the higher post .040 if I remember correctly will put the tip near the top or over the ears. Thanks for the tip on the heatshrink.

I think it is going to need a bit of adjustment as I know it shoots low. Hopefully going tomorrow evening to see just how low.

I already adjusted the rear sight for the improved 50m battlesight zero by adjusting the drum with an allen. Seems that only affects the sighting at 50m and 200yds being close to one another, I need the rear sight lower (impossible) or the front sight higher.

I think it is going to need a bit of adjustment as I know it shoots low. Hopefully going tomorrow evening to see just how low.

If it shoots low, the FRONT sight should be lower. You don't need a taller front sight if it shoots low, you do, if it shoots high.
Front sight adjustments are opposite of rear sight adjustments.

Back
Top Bottom