Rant - Collectable Arms & Ammo

Drvove today to NH - I am from MA - and went to Collectable Arms & Ammo. They had a Yugo TT33 in a decent condition, at a decent price. So, I decided to buy it and called my MA dealer, just to make sure it's OK and it can be transferred to MA. However, when the guy in shop heard MA, he flat out refused, said he does not do business with MA, especially on original TT caliber. According to him it's a "Cop Killer". I do realize, that it is his store, his rules, but what a ignorant A-hole!!!!!
Anyway, I know, that I'll find it eventually in MA, just wish he put - next to his working hours on the door, and on line I DO NOT WANT YOR MONEY, IF YOU ARE FROM MA!!!! What a D-Bag.
Yes, I know, it is pretty weak rant as rant's go, but that is all I got.

Wow I'm surprised to hear this. I've bought both of my mosins and tons of x39 and x54r ammo from them and Keith has always been great to me. He jokes around about the stupid crap us MA people deal with but always thanks me for his business.

Yeah when I was looking for a mosin a couple months ago for my brother. a friend heard a rumor they weren't selling to mass people any more. I called and Keith answered and told me that it wasn't true.

Heck they sold me a box of zn1 54r from there personal stash since I didn't have the cash for a can at the time.

Bought a gun there too just before xmas and had no problems with them despite being from MA.

That being said, I don't think the MA dealer would transfer the TT33 anyway unless it had been previously registered in MA. Its not on the approved list and not already in MA so I don't think the dealer can transfer it to you legally.

Get a C&R and this problem goes away.

given the graphics on the outside of their new store, im betting the dude is pretty edgy to begin with. I was there last weekend and the guy certainly has alot of personality. But he wasn't a total prick.

So you're whining because they won't send a pistol into MA? Yeah that is pretty weak in the whining dept considering 95% of the shops in NH would have told you the exact same thing.

-Mike

they probably got animated because they've been thru the bs of trying to sell a pistol to a MA resident and wasted a bunch of time and money shipping it back and forth when the FFL it went to had to reject it.

Sounds to me like he was being sarcastic because he knows ffls in MA can't transfer it and it came off the wrong way. Never had any issues there.

First off, I'd like to thank the OP for the name calling. Second, the firearm viabl was interested in was a Yugo M57. There is no such thing as a Yugo TT33. Always fun being called names on the internet although I have to say it has almost never happened outside of those who don't like our store fronts.

Now, let's get to the truth of what happened today. My employee brought the firearm and the customer to me and said that this gentleman would like to buy this handgun. He said, he is from Mass. I said, no we don't sell handguns to Mass residents. Not to mention that this firearm is not transferable to a Mass customer unless he has a C&R license (as I understand Mass law, which I try not to)..... first off, We have a right to refuse service to ANYONE for ANY REASON. We are not obligated to sell anything to anyone.

We explained (prehaps briefly and directly) that we do not sell handguns to Mass residents. I do not need to explain why, but it is our store policy. Also it was asked that if he had a C&R license would he be able to buy it and we said yes. No offense viabl, but your response was in typical fashion when said no to Non NH residents, to whine about it. Pouting about the store cursing to yourself and out loud where clients could hear the language. Frankly making yourself look like a putz.

Putting our license at risk so that you can take a gun home from our store is not an interest of ours. As far as the cop killer remark, you again, did a great job of putting a dramatic spin on the comment. What I said, in a joking fashion, was that I would be surprised if you were able to own this firearm since it was deemed a "cop killer" round in the 90's. Which it was when it was put on the ban list from Russian export.

If you want to buy a firearm, know what you can legally own. Don't guess, don't call your dealer and ask them and don't ask us, a NH dealer, what you can own in a different state! Do your own research and don't whine when the out of state dealer says no. I will make sure if you ever visit again, you will get the name calling surcharge of 6.25%... oh wait, you already voted for that in your home state.

PS... you might want to look up the definition for ignorant. One of us was definitely ignorant today, but I believe you are confused about which one.

Last edited:
funny I almost said I never heard of a Yugo TT33 before, was pretty sure that's the Russian version.

Collectible, just a point of clarification and a question for you. In mass we can own any handgun we we want provided it has AWB appropriate magazines, these means that spring fields glocks kimbers etc which are not on our ridiculous lists we can own, the compliance lies only with the mass dealer as to what they can sell. There are places in mass that will sell pistols manufactured prior to 1998 even if they are not on some list. If a mass resident had a dealer willing to do the transfer, would you sell to them and ship to the mass Ffl, or is your policy just no pistol sales to mass period?

Collectible, just a point of clarification and a question for you. In mass we can own any handgun we we want provided it has AWB appropriate magazines, these means that spring fields glocks kimbers etc which are not on our ridiculous lists we can own, the compliance lies only with the mass dealer as to what they can sell. There are places in mass that will sell pistols manufactured prior to 1998 even if they are not on some list. If a mass resident had a dealer willing to do the transfer, would you sell to them and ship to the mass Ffl, or is your policy just no pistol sales to mass period?

Based on what I've read on their Facebook page from people asking about shipping handguns and what he just stated above, I'm pretty sure they don't ship handguns to MA or any other state but I could be wrong? Thinkin I'm not.

Last edited:
he said it at least twice in the post above, I don't know how much clearer he can be when he says they don't sell handguns to MA

I've been there many times and in my opinion Keith is great and really appreciates NES customers. But I have heard him say no on Handguns for Ma customers but I do not blame him with that policy that is fairly common in NH gun stores.

Last edited:
I've been there many times and in my opinion Keith is great and really appreciates NES customers.

I bought a case of golden tiger from them and while paying, offered me a discount for being a NES member. They didn't need to do that as I had no idea...

Definitely a waste of time for the OP to complain about this here on NES. Ain't going to get any sympathy here from anyone, rightfully so.

I bought a case of golden tiger from them and while paying, offered me a discount for being a NES member. They didn't need to do that as I had no idea...

I was planning on swinging by tomorrow on my way home from VT but I heard they're sold out of GT x39 ammo. Damn Ukraine/Russia crap, everyone is buying up the commie ammo lol.

Still don't know why a NH dealer won't ship a handgun to MA. if the MA ffl is ok with it, what is the issue? Maybe I'm ignorant...lol

Is there liability there as well? Or is it just a matter of not wanting to deal with the "perceived" aggravation?

Great guys. Bought a rifle there. My son and friends bought rifles there. Would love to buy a Russian handgun, but hey its his store and his license.
Need to move to NH.

Love the store

Back
Top Bottom