Reid: We won't smell the tourists anymore

http://www.dcexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/YeasandNays/Reid_We_wont_smell_the_tourists_anymore_12_02_2008.html

"My staff tells me not to say this, but I'm going to say it anyway," said Reid in his remarks. "In the summer because of the heat and high humidity, you could literally smell the tourists coming into the Capitol. It may be descriptive but it's true."

You guys have nose driven our economy right into the toilet, so are you really sure the smell was from the tourists or actually Nancy Pelosi and Barney Frank in the House?

The Capitol Visitors Center, which opened this morning, may have tripled its original budget and fallen years behind schedule, but Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid found a silver lining for members of Congress: tourists won't offend them with their B.O. anymore.

What does he know that we all don't know that they won't be offended by their Barack Obama?

$621 million well spent.

You may think so, but I don't. I hope you increase ticket prices for admission so THEY pay, not ME.

What a dipstick. Those 'smelly' tourists own that building and pay your salary. They should be allowed to see any part of it that they choose.

What an arrogant thing for him to say and it typifies an attitude that is, unfortunatly, all too common there.

It may not have been the tourists. It may have been Harry Reid himself. He, and everyone else, just noticed it that day.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom