Reminder: Check Your Gun Safe for Lost Pets

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
Putting the rabbits to bed tonight and couldn't find one. She was in the last place I looked - in the gun safe - which was closed, but unlocked. She has squirmed in the back of the right side with the Brits, Gew's and the K43. Fortunately she did not chew the rifle stocks or leather, but she did a number on the felt floor and padding. I covered the new hole with one of the humidity absorbing pillows.

Sneaky critters.

T

Attachments

• DSCN5291.jpg
    DSCN5291.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 295
I can see how this situation might pose a risk to both pets and collectibles. But the members have offered much good feedback to chew on.

Edit to add: Don't jump to any conclusions.

A friend of mine has a mechanic's light he leaves powered on in his roll-away. It's actually there to keep condensation away, (along with some dessicant), but when questioned, he explained that his tools were afraid of the dark. Perhaps you should install a night light in your safe for your rabbits?

A friend of mine has a mechanic's light he leaves powered on in his roll-away. It's actually there to keep condensation away, (along with some dessicant), but when questioned, he explained that his tools were afraid of the dark. Perhaps you should install a night light in your safe for your rabbits?

Suggestions like these are invaluable. Keep 'em coming. I'm all ears.

See those white spots on the bottom door frame? You should clean your safe. It's getting a little long in the tooth.

Edit to add: A whisker broom won't do.

OP: You're wabbit watches to much TV.

il_570xN.368734615_k9ob.jpg

See those white spots on the bottom door frame? You should clean your safe. It's getting a little long in the tooth.

Edit to add: A whisker broom won't do.

One of our cats is fading rapidly with kidney issues and has lost 1/2 his body weight. He has a tendency to mark a lot objects.

T

you're all laughing, but you have to admit thats one smart bunny...

if you where out hunting wabbit, it would be the last place you would look.

Back
Top Bottom