Resurrecting the Pink Pistols in MA

There was one guy who I thought was the leader of the Boston PP chapter way back in the 1990s, long before forums ever existed. His first name is Dave and he moved to TX and PP disappeared from the Boston scene.

My Wife and I took the NRA Refuse to be a Victim class from him at the old GOAL HQ in Northboro back then. Perhaps Jon Green knows of whom I speak and if there were any other members in the Boston area after Dave left.

I also support the resurrection of a MA PP chapter . . . as others said, the liberals heads will explode if confronted by them demanding gun rights and they could be great allies in this and future battles.

I'd thow a load of money there way....

In all seriousness the LBGT? community (Not sure the right abrebiation...) is stong in MA and nationwide for that matter. I can only assume the majority dont support gun rights.

The government does a good job of breaking us up into groups when in reality we're one group ...Americans.. and while you can't get americans to agree on anything, we all should have more common ground.

Ill have to ask the few gay people i know, what there stance on the 2nd is.. might be an interesting conversation.

Alittle off topic but you would think BLM would be pro gun

BLM and LGBT march would make liberals head explode.

I'd thow a load of money there way....

In all seriousness the LBGT? community (Not sure the right abrebiation...) is stong in MA and nationwide for that matter. I can only assume the majority dont support gun rights.

The government does a good job of breaking us up into groups when in reality we're one group ...Americans.. and while you can't get americans to agree on anything, we all should have more common ground.

Ill have to ask the few gay people i know, what there stance on the 2nd is.. might be an interesting conversation.

Alittle off topic but you would think BLM would be pro gun

BLM and LGBT march would make liberals head explode.

Not for nothing but black Americans have been getting the shaft on gun laws since the beginning of gun laws.

Not for nothing but black Americans have been getting the shaft on gun laws since the beginning of gun laws.

Notwithstanding gun controls racist roots, Blacks get the shaft by becomeing prohibited persons so easily.. usually through plea deals, poor representation, and a feeling of dispair of the system being rigged against them. Not to mention they all know if they want a gun they can get one outside the law.
Im a large believer that unless your currently incarcerated your rights should be automatically restored upon your release.there always catching felons with guns then putting them back on the street anyway. So whats the point.

Allowing felons to own guns is a hard sell to most people even within the gun owning community, but we really have to stop making people second class citizens who then have no hope or opportunity.

This is good!!!

I have a couple of gay friends, one got into shooting last year and the other I've been encouraging. Spoken to both of them in the past about the PP and how it's a damn shame there isn't an active chapter here in Mass. Will be contacting both of them tonight.

Happened to be in Northampton yesterday in and out of shops with my kids. Kept looking for the rainbow Gadsden #Shot Back flag or the rainbow Uzi shirt Milo has been sporting recently.
Conspicuously absent.

I'll extend the same offer that I did on the PinkPistols FB page (been in the FB group for quite a while) - I'll happily take any minority* to the range for an intro/safety lesson and, if there's enough interest, can teach the state certified course for an LTC.

*By "minority" I mean a member of any group that has historically been oppressed. It is my opinion that gays, Jews, women, blacks, etc should be MORE likely to be armed than the stereotypical Christian straight white male.

Disappeared for the second half of yesterday - silly personal responsibilities. Website is delayed until this evening, probably. but we have an email address now: [email protected]

To everyone saying "I'm not gay, count me as an ally" - fantastic! I think one of the best parts of PP is that you don't have to be a sexual minority (further includes kink and poly communities). If you believe that everyone deserves the right to protect themselves, all you have to do is call yourself a Pink Pistol. There are no dues, there's no test, just the genuine belief that we all deserve this basic dignity.

To everyone that wants to throw money at the cause, that's awesome. Even better would be to bring someone to the range for the first time, and/or to tell them about our events. Better still, come out to a Pink Pistols event. Bring some gear and/or ammo, and the positive attitude I already know you have. Come, show that we gun owners are exactly as accepting as we believe ourselves to be. This is especially important the first couple sessions, as we start to build momentum, and struggle to gain new members.

To the teachers - I cannot express how important your support is, and will be. If you're not already on the Operation Blazing Sword map, please consider reaching out to Erin and getting on there. And trust me, when folks start asking about licenses, I will be reaching out to help in running the classes.

Thanks for posting Erin's email address. I posted on the FB page a while ago but never got added to the map; just emailed her.

Not LGBTQ, but will support the Pink Pistols in anyway I can. I actually mentioned to several people that it was unfortunate there weren't Pink Pistols at Pulse....

Wouldn't've helped--Florida law bans carry in places that serve alcohol.

From what understand they were members,or use to shoot at Braintree gun club years ago.This was what I was told,but Len might know more about it.

I remember reading a story told by Chris Cheng after he won Top Shot and started working with the NRA. He said that when he, a geeky gay Asian software guy from CA, came on the show he expected some mention of his sexual orientation... but there wasn't any. Further, it was never mentioned on the show. He actually went and asked one of the producers why they didn't mention that he was gay and the producer shrugged and said "because it's irrelevant to how you shoot". I'm paraphrasing obviously but it was something along those lines. He also said the NRA has never brought it up.

I remember reading a story told by Chris Cheng after he won Top Shot and started working with the NRA. He said that when he, a geeky gay Asian software guy from CA, came on the show he expected some mention of his sexual orientation... but there wasn't any. Further, it was never mentioned on the show. He actually went and asked one of the producers why they didn't mention that he was gay and the producer shrugged and said "because it's irrelevant to how you shoot". I'm paraphrasing obviously but it was something along those lines. He also said the NRA has never brought it up.

Well the reality is, it doesn't matter if your black, white, gay, Jewish,a woman or any minority you can think of. The gun community hold some of the nicest most down to earth people I have ever encountered.

With that being said, My girlfriend has a few gay friends, I'll spread the word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We all gravitate to our "tribes". Its human nature. Gay tribe, black tribe, conservative tribe, whatever. People see themselves as "something" and look for their compatriots to bond with. We should all be working on developing people's loyalty to the gun tribe. It doesnt necessarily have to be an either/or thing either. IOW, being part of the gun tribe shouldnt mean youve abandoned your gay tribe or whatever. That also means being more accepting towards the people of your group who also belong to another. (which goes both ways)

The gun community hold some of the nicest most down to earth people I have ever encountered.
This has been my experience as well. Gun totin' folks are generally super nice and friendly. The old adage of "an armed society is a polite society" comes to mind.

We all gravitate to our "tribes". Its human nature. Gay tribe, black tribe, conservative tribe, whatever. People see themselves as "something" and look for their compatriots to bond with. We should all be working on developing people's loyalty to the gun tribe. It doesnt necessarily have to be an either/or thing either. IOW, being part of the gun tribe shouldnt mean youve abandoned your gay tribe or whatever. That also means being more accepting towards the people of your group who also belong to another. (which goes both ways)

This is a pretty important point to understand when you're working on this stuff. If you're viewed as an outsider by a group you're talking to, or people you're talking with views themselves as outside of your group, you're going to have a harder time swaying opinions, or even getting the facts presented before being cut off, in some situations.

There's tribe "guns," tribe "no guns," and "everyone else." You can work with everyone else in a way that you can't work with "no guns," but you may need to appeal to other group identities in order to break that mental barrier to them identifying as part of tribe "guns." If you've already identified yourself as a member opposed to a specific group, you're going to have a tougher time breaking down the wall.

From what understand they were members,or use to shoot at Braintree gun club years ago.This was what I was told,but Len might know more about it.

Since I've joined BR&P at the beginning of 1999 I have never seen or heard of any PP group using the facilities. I've only missed a handful of meetings in all this time, and group events are usually mentioned at the meetings and/or posted on a white-board.

I can say that Dave left for TX before 1999 and he seemed to be the glue that held PP together in MA, so perhaps this was true prior to my joining the club.

Back
Top Bottom