Return of the Glocks?

I know about the Four Seasons stock but I don't want to have to pay $700 plus for a used Glock 26....

Maybe, just maybe our new AG will give up the Glock ban. Otherwise, I talked to one firearms dealer in Mass who told me he would order me a brand new Glock, or any other gun on the EOPS list, Reilly be damned. This guy also had good prices on new pistols. God bless him.

Also, with a lot of PDs switching over to the S&W M&P, I expect the market will be flooded with Glocks.

There's always a truckload of factory refurbished ones at Four Seasons in Woburn. Visit them on the web at www.fsguns.com.
Darius
Darius,
I don't know about a truckload. Over the last month or so I don't think I've seen more than 3 or 4 on his used guns web page at any one time. Am I wrong in assuming those are the only ones he has in stock?
-Cuz.

Darius,
I don't know about a truckload. Over the last month or so I don't think I've seen more than 3 or 4 on his used guns web page at any one time. Am I wrong in assuming those are the only ones he has in stock?
-Cuz.
You are not correct. I was there today and saw about 20 on the wall.

I think he keeps a representative sample on the list - probably not a lot of benefit in separately listing every refurbed model 22.

Folks,

Please clarify.

I'm new to this stuff. I just got my LTC Class "A".

I was going to buy a Glock.....do I understand correctly what is being said here that Glocks are banned in Massachusetts?? [crying]

Any Glocks that were manufactured after October 1998 are banned. Any Glocks that were owned before October 1998 are legal to own. So, you may own a Glock, but it will have been owned previously.

You may want to find a different handgun.

Last edited:
You are wrong, ICZEOZN. Any Glocks made after that date cannot be transferred by a purveyor of firearms (read: Massachusetts FFL) to a civilian. Only LEOs can purchase these firearms. However, one can get one of these post 98 firearms by 1) finding a dealer who is willing to risk the wrath of the AG and his/her regulations (and apparently at least one has won in court), 2) moving into the state with said firearm or purchasing it from someone else who moved in state with it 3) becoming a type 01 FFL 4) purchasing it from a LEO who personally owns the firearm.

The Smith and Wesson M&P in .40S&W is coming out shortly too - and I know at least one dealer has already priced it at $489.95 - so you do have options if you can't find a Glock you like. I have shot the M&P and a Glock 19 (9mm) side by side and actually like the M&P better. At the time I went looking for my first handgun the M&P's were months away from seeing the MA market - so I bought a Glock 22 instead.

Whether the M&P's will as tough and reliable as the Glocks is something only time will tell. Either way there are actually lots of Glocks available here in MA - depending on what you want. I have found it a little bit hard to find a Glock 19 - but they are out there.

Keep in mind that the M&P coming to a MA FFL near you will have a 10# trigger (due to MA regs.), and will not be the same gun that you are reading about in magazines, or that you may have fired at the S&W Shooting Sports Center.

vellnueve, thanks for the clarification. I had always thought that Glocks were essentially banned for civilians and were restricted to LE use, I didn't know there were so many other options available for obtaining them.

I have a few questions, though:

1) finding a dealer who is willing to risk the wrath of the AG and his/her regulations (and apparently at least one has won in court)

Does this mean that there are dealers who will sell civilians post 98 Glocks?

4) purchasing it from a LEO who personally owns the firearm.

So, If I had a LEO purchase a post 98 Glock at a dealer, he could then private sell the post 98 Glock to me? Is it that simple?

Thor, there should be a way to order the trigger parts for the non-MA models and have them installed in MA M&Ps.

vellnueve, thanks for the clarification. I had always thought that Glocks were essentially banned for civilians and were restricted to LE use, I didn't know there were so many other options available for obtaining them.

I have a few questions, though:

So, If I had a LEO purchase a post 98 Glock at a dealer, he could then private sell the post 98 Glock to me? Is it that simple?

1) There is at least one according to several sources on this board, who apparently defeated the AG in court. Unforetunately it did not go to the appellate level so it doesn't set legal precedent.

2) Yes, however you would have to be careful to avoid making it a straw purchase. If the LEO were to purchase the gun with the intention of reselling it, it might constitute a straw purchase.

Yes, I'm certain that there are dealers stupid enough to do just that. I certainly wouldn't post any identifying information about such a dealer, since that would simply eliminate one more dealer from the marketplace as soon as one of the AG trolls spotted the information.

Assuming that the purchase wasn't made with the specific intent to turn right around and re-sell the gun, the answer is yes. The same thing goes for anyone who purchased on while a resident of a free state, then moved to Massachusetts with it and decided to sell it.

Ken

I find the “Straw Purchase” angle very interesting.

If a LEO legally purchased a brand new Glock and immediately sold it to a non-LEO with a LTC-A ALP, having purchased the firearm with that intent, would that really be a “Straw Purchase”?

I ask because I thought that a “Straw Purchase” was buying a firearm for someone who could not legally own one.

I don’t think the law prohibits ownership of a post 98 Glock by a LTC-A ALP holder so my guess would be that it’s not a “Straw Purchase”. Although the COP might frown on it.

What do you guys know about this?

Respectfully,

jkelly

Cross-X,
I'm as ignorant of Glocks as I am on the law. What’s a Glock 34?

Respectfully,

jkelly

Cross-X,
I'm as ignorant of Glocks as I am on the law. What’s a Glock 34?

Respectfully,

jkelly

The G34 is a long slide 9mm. It offers the advanatage of a longer sight radius on a G17 size frame.

This is the gun Gene shoots at IDPA competitions and practices. With it, he wins!

Gene has gotten really really good!

Respectfully,

jkelly

I find the “Straw Purchase” angle very interesting.

If a LEO legally purchased a brand new Glock and immediately sold it to a non-LEO with a LTC-A ALP, having purchased the firearm with that intent, would that really be a “Straw Purchase”?

I ask because I thought that a “Straw Purchase” was buying a firearm for someone who could not legally own one.

I don’t think the law prohibits ownership of a post 98 Glock by a LTC-A ALP holder so my guess would be that it’s not a “Straw Purchase”. Although the COP might frown on it.

Respectfully,

jkelly

It depends on the definition which I am too lazy to look up. But I think that since he would really be buying it for someone else, that might be a problem.

At the very least the LEO would probably be accused of dealing without a Massachusetts dealer's license.

The LEO deal on Glocks is a CIVIL Contract with Glock NOT to resell it for 1 year. It's obviously NOT Glock's intent to sell at a deep discount to LEOs so that they can turn a profit selling them to the public immediately! [However, doing so is NOT illegal, just unethical and a violation of their contract with Glock.]

Yes there are some unethical LEOs, just like in any profession. If Glock (corporation) finds out about someone abusing their policy, they are within their contractual rights to sue said officer for damages. Glock could also cancel their individual LEO discount program (screwing 10s of thousands of good officers) if they feel that their program is being badly abused.

Respectfully,

jkelly

Being that I'm not a lawyer, I'm going to just go on what I would think...

I wouldn't think that it's a "Straw Purchase." I'm only saying this, because if he sells it to someone with the proper license...they can legally own one. If, the officer was to buy one and then sell it to someone without a license, then that would be the Straw Purchase.

OR

If the cop was a NH State Trooper, and sold privately directly to a MA resident, then that's a Straw Purchase as well. Because they didn't go through a FFL.

Back
Top Bottom