RI gun club recommendations

Anyone here a member at a club in Rhode Island? Since it may (or may not) be illegal for me to transport my Beretta (with 17 rd magazines *GASP*) to Mass. to go to AFS, looks like I'll need to join a range in RI. I live in Cranston, but will be moving to the northern part of the state eventually.

Features:
- Not exorbitantly expensive
- Indoor and outdoor ranges
- Pistols and shotguns allowed
- Moderate volunteering OK, but more than 50 hours is ridiculous.

Thanks for your help!

Is nobody responding because they are mad at me over my defense of the rapper in that other thread? [sad] [crying]

I'm sorry. I really am. I just want a legal place to shoot!

I know of Wallum Lake and Manviile. Both clubs offer USPSA action pistol. I don't have further info, other the Wallum Lake seems to have more facilities.

Cumberland Beagle Club should fit the bill for you. The dues are very reasonable, they have an indoor pistol range and multiple outdoor ranges. Only 20 work hours are required and are very easy to obtain. Pistol and 22 rifle only on the indoor range. Shotgun can be used on the outdoor ranges though.

Just joined Tiverton Rod and Gun even though I live in East Prov. No place in RI is THAT far away and Tiverton has 200 yd rifle range, 25 yd indoor pistol (rimfire rifles are ok) and 3 trap ranges, plus archery etc. Dues are reasonable too. Check out the website:
tivertonrodandgunclub.com. New members are also very welcome as I've seen.

Cumberland Beagle Club should fit the bill for you. The dues are very reasonable, they have an indoor pistol range and multiple outdoor ranges. Only 20 work hours are required and are very easy to obtain. Pistol and 22 rifle only on the indoor range. Shotgun can be used on the outdoor ranges though.

Any idea who to get in touch with about joining?

Tiverton RI Rod & Gun Club. Below are some of the highlights:

a. Outdoor rifle and pistol range (up to 200 yards - open daily).
b. Indoor pistol range (day & night schedule) - can also qualify for LTC.
c. Outdoor archery & woods walk.
d. Trap (day & night schedule) - loaner shotguns available.
e. Blackpowder and primitive.
f. Seasonal camping.
g. Hunting on property.
h. Family-friendly (youth programs).
i. Education - hunter safety and NRA pistol course.

... and many other activities and events going on.

Membership is OPEN to all applicants. [grin]

Visit the website for details: http://tivertonrodandgunclub.com

Last edited:
Just joined Tiverton Rod and Gun even though I live in East Prov. No place in RI is THAT far away and Tiverton has 200 yd rifle range, 25 yd indoor pistol (rimfire rifles are ok) and 3 trap ranges, plus archery etc. Dues are reasonable too. Check out the website:
tivertonrodandgunclub.com. New members are also very welcome as I've seen.

About how long does it take you to get there? I live in EP as well, and have been searching for a club.

I have been a member of the Tiverton RI Rod & Gun Club for several years. It is a great facility with many new and exciting things going on. This year, the club will be getting a brand new state-of-the-art outdoor rifile/pistol range - out to 200 yards. The club also has two trap machines, with another new one almost completed. The club has many activities going on year-round. Below are some of the highlights:

a. Outdoor rifle and pistol range (up to 200 yards - open daily).
b. Indoor pistol range (day & night schedule) - can also qualify for LTC.
c. Outdoor archery & woods walk.
d. Trap (day & night schedule) - loaner shotguns available.
e. Blackpowder and primitive.
f. Seasonal camping.
g. Hunting on property.
h. Family-friendly (youth programs).
i. Education - hunter safety and NRA pistol course.

... and many other activities and events going on.

Membership is OPEN to all applicants.

No skeet or sporting clays?

Where is the Massasoit gun club? I live in Pawtucket, so Riverside is close enough that I'd be able to use the range often. Any info on membership, dues, club work hour requirements, etc.?

Where is the Massasoit gun club? I live in Pawtucket, so Riverside is close enough that I'd be able to use the range often. Any info on membership, dues, club work hour requirements, etc.?

21 Abraham Road, East Providence.

http://massasoitgunclubinc.com/

No work hours. Older 50' range, newer 75' range.

Pistol, rimfire rifle, and pistol caliber carbine only. NRA membership required. 24/7 keycard access

21 Abraham Road, East Providence.

http://massasoitgunclubinc.com/

No work hours. Older 50' range, newer 75' range.

Pistol, rimfire rifle, and pistol caliber carbine only. NRA membership required. 24/7 keycard access

Hi,
New board member here. I just recently completed the NRA Basic Pistol course over @ Tiverton Rod & Gun. I am located in Warwick and it is a bit of a haul getting over there although everyone I met was very nice and the facility is good. I am interested in Massasoit and was wondering if any of you knew who I should contact there if I wanted to tour the facility or ask any questions. I read on their website that the next meeting would be on 6/4, but I was hoping to take a look around before making my decision.

Thank you.

This thread hasn't been updated in a while. I am picking up my fist gun this weekend and looking for a place to shoot. I live in Coventry, RI I was thinking about joining Massasoit, can anyone give me any info/review of this club?

Thanks,
John

This thread hasn't been updated in a while. I am picking up my fist gun this weekend and looking for a place to shoot. I live in Coventry, RI I was thinking about joining Massasoit, can anyone give me any info/review of this club?

Thanks,
John
I have a friend who belongs to Massasoit, but he still hasnt taken me there. From what I know, there are two indoor ranges. It is 24/7 keycard acces. There are no outdoor facilities. You might also want to look into Newport Rifle club. They have indoor and outdoor facilities, and the indoor is also 24/7. I am a member of Tiverton Rod and Gun, you are more than welcome to come with me as a guest if you would like. May be a bit of a drive for you though.

I have a friend who belongs to Massasoit, but he still hasnt taken me there. From what I know, there are two indoor ranges. It is 24/7 keycard acces. There are no outdoor facilities. You might also want to look into Newport Rifle club. They have indoor and outdoor facilities, and the indoor is also 24/7. I am a member of Tiverton Rod and Gun, you are more than welcome to come with me as a guest if you would like. May be a bit of a drive for you though.

I'm going to look into Tiverton Rod and Gun soon. A friends uncle belongs to the club and says its the best one he's been to.

I'm going to look into Tiverton Rod and Gun soon. A friends uncle belongs to the club and says its the best one he's been to.

Check it out, maybe sometime we can hook up and I could bring you as a guest. Before I joined, I shot them an email and the president was more than happy to give me a tour of the place and answer any questions I had.

Check it out, maybe sometime we can hook up and I could bring you as a guest. Before I joined, I shot them an email and the president was more than happy to give me a tour of the place and answer any questions I had.

Sounds good man I appreciate that, just have to wait to get more ammo before i shoot the only stuff i got lol.

Any recommendations for my sister who lives in Coventry? Midstate guns is $300 per year which is pretty steep from my experience. I pay $100 per year at my club here in MA.

Back
Top Bottom