Rifle ranges around Brookline / Milford NH

Hey folks,

Interested in what options are available for rifle shooting in the Brookline / Milford NH area. I know Nashua F&G has a range out to 600 yds and I will check it out, but the discussions about their heavy-handed rules may turn me off to shooting there. What else is available? 100-200 yd shooting may do me good for a while.

Thanks!
Jason

Talk about post resurrection!

I am looking for ranges in the Brookline/Milford area. Just purchased a house up there and hoping to close at the end of September. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Any good hunting spots would be appreciated too!

North Leominster in Lancaster has a 200yard, Shirley rod and gun has a 200yard yet these are in MA so hopefully you have a license here :)

North Leominster in Lancaster has a 200yard, Shirley rod and gun has a 200yard yet these are in MA so hopefully you have a license here :)

I don't think he wants to drive towards/into communism to have to go shooting. [laugh]

-Mike

I am looking for ranges in the Brookline/Milford area. Just purchased a house up there and hoping to close at the end of September. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Any good hunting spots would be appreciated too!

What about Purgatory Falls in Mont Vernon? Don't know much about the club but always heard gunfire coming from over there whenever I was up in MV.

-Mike

Purgatory does not look that far. I will have to give it a try. Pinnacle Mountain Fish & Game Club in Lyndeborough is not accepting new members right now.

What about Purgatory Falls in Mont Vernon? Don't know much about the club but always heard gunfire coming from over there whenever I was up in MV.

-Mike

Hmmm old thread back from the dead lol.

I ended up getting a membership at Pinnacle Mountain in Lyndeborough. I really like the club there, but membership has capped out and they aren't accepting new members until '14 at the least.

Purgatory Falls has a 100-member cap. A coworker looked into joining there but didn't get much in the way of response. YMMV, you may have better luck contacting them.

There's also Pointer F&G in Bedford (but they might be capped out too).

Anyone want to donate some land in the area for a new range?

Someone also suggested Peterboro.

Hmmm old thread back from the dead lol.

I ended up getting a membership at Pinnacle Mountain in Lyndeborough. I really like the club there, but membership has capped out and they aren't accepting new members until '14 at the least.

Purgatory Falls has a 100-member cap. A coworker looked into joining there but didn't get much in the way of response. YMMV, you may have better luck contacting them.

There's also Pointer F&G in Bedford (but they might be capped out too).

Anyone want to donate some land in the area for a new range?

Someone also suggested Peterboro.

Purgatory Falls cap is much higher than 100. Currently at 225, IIRC, and there are a number of exemptions that don't count against the cap, like Juniors who convert to Regular members, etc. Despite this, the range is never crowded. It's a small range, though. Max distance is 100 yards.

If you're interested in PFFG, the best ways to learn more are 1) go to the monthly meeting (3rd Thursday, 1930, at the MVFD) or 2) show up on Saturday morning at the range for Open Shotgun, 0900-1200. There's almost always a current or former or five shooting there.

Ping me when you get up here, I can shw you a couple of spots to hunt

Still have not managed to join a club up here they are all capped out.
I am still a member of Leominster Sportsman and I should be getting my Massachusetts out of state license soon.

On a happy note, Turkey season starts on Saturday!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Purgatory Falls a Fish and Game in Mont Vernon has openings, I believe. Very relaxed place. Small. Nice group of folks. Meetings are third Thursday of the month apt the Mint Vernon fire station.

Back
Top Bottom