• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger announces a .45 ACP carbine

hminsky

NES Life Member
NES Member

1.jpg

Saw this announced. Gives off just a hint of Hi-Point design aesthetics, but geez, I've been waiting for a .45 ACP carbine for a long time. takes Glock magazines.
And I broke down and just bought the PC 9 last week fer chrissakes.

1.jpg

Saw this announced. Gives off just a hint of Hi-Point design aesthetics, but geez, I've been waiting for a .45 ACP carbine for a long time. takes Glock magazines.
And I broke down and just bought the PC 9 last week fer chrissakes.
Say, what?!?! Why would Ruger make a carbine that uses competitors mags when they have .45 mags of their own design? I mean, if they wanted a standardized mag, you would think it would be a 1911 pattern since they make those.

Say, what?!?! Why would Ruger make a carbine that uses competitors mags when they have .45 mags of their own design? I mean, if they wanted a standardized mag, you would think it would be a 1911 pattern since they make those.
1911 magazines? Um, no. Capacity is important for a PCC and single stack magazines aren’t a way to get capacity.

Last edited:
Because if it doesn't take Glock mags nobody (with a brain) will buy it. G21 mags are the most common 45 ACP DS mag pattern in existence, unless we're going to move up into like grease gun or Thompson magazines.

Shit point gets away with their shitpoint mags because, it's cheap. And people will make a lot of excuses when a gun is cheap. When the price of the gun goes then expectations change.

Do they make giggle sticks in .45?
KCI makes one. I don’t know if they are any good.

Kriss also makes one.

The folding stock is on a picatinny rail so I suppose it could be swapped out easily for some kind of rail mount fixed stock for MA compliance?
Or pinned (ugh)

Could be an interesting home defense PCC.

I assume it's the same setup as their PC Carbine - comes with a magwell that takes Ruger mags installed, with an additional magwell that takes Glock mags in the box if you're so inclined.

The folding stock is on a picatinny rail so I suppose it could be swapped out easily for some kind of rail mount fixed stock for MA compliance?
Or pinned (ugh)

None for you or anyone in MA. They'll call it an assault rifle under the new law, that will pass, and no one in MA will have one.

1911 mag = sh*t capacity.

GLOCK mags is the way to go. They are common, they are cheap, almost everyone owns a Glock.

Proprietary mags could help them make a few more bucks, but how many guns would not get sold because of proprietary mags?

There is also a design cost and logistics cost to proprietary. So when you take those things into consideration, it is probably easier to go with Glock and call it a day.

School me, please. While I own a 9mm PCC, and could even buy a conversion kit for 10mm, what’s your thinking on choosing a 10mm carbine over a .223?
At distance, .223 is far superior. If your target is wearing body armor, .223 is far superior. Within your home, I think 10mm can work and it might suppress better than .223.

But there is a reason that entry teams have switched from pistol calibers to .223/5.56.

At distance, .223 is far superior. If your target is wearing body armor, .223 is far superior. Within your home, I think 10mm can work and it might suppress better than .223.

But there is a reason that entry teams have switched from pistol calibers to .223/5.56.

Mass makes home defense suck, can’t suppress it so .223 with a muzzle brake is gonna make my family deaf and needs a 16” barrel, so it’ll be a bit unwieldy indoors.

I should do an SBR but settle for just using a handgun.

Mass makes home defense suck, can’t suppress it so .223 with a muzzle brake is gonna make my family deaf and needs a 16” barrel, so it’ll be a bit unwieldy indoors.

I should do an SBR but settle for just using a handgun.
Third option - bullpup with a 20" barrel =D.

Back
Top Bottom