• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

9mm Carbine

GeorgeMason

NES Member
A lot of talk about panic buying happening now. I decided to take an inventory of what I have vs. what I need that won’t be available for much longer. Results are in and my collection is very well future proofed with 1 glaring exception. I have no 9mm carbine. This needs to rectified. What are the recommendations from the NES brain trust? I’d like to keep it under $2k but am willing to go a little over if there’s a huge quality jump. I don’t want super cheap like a hi-point or kel-tec. I’ve read about AR9 unreliability, but not idea if that’s just certain brands/designs. I don’t hate the idea of something that uses Glock mags, but it’s certainly not necessary. So fellas, how should I spend my cash?

9mm AR upper and 4 Mean Arms mag inserts.
So you have all the same fit and feel of your regular AR but now your shooting 9mm without the need of a mag block inside your lower.
You literally just change the upper and put in your 9 mm converted mags and go from there.

RC

The CX4 apparently likes the 92FS series mags, may have issues with regular 92 mags (unless you change out the mag well) evidently the locking notch is in a different place

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMlRcDnANAg

If in a "free" state you can get the 30 round mags!

EDIT:
This looks like the CX4 mag adapter for pistol 92 series mags:

Last edited:
A lot of talk about panic buying happening now. I decided to take an inventory of what I have vs. what I need that won’t be available for much longer. Results are in and my collection is very well future proofed with 1 glaring exception. I have no 9mm carbine. This needs to rectified. What are the recommendations from the NES brain trust? I’d like to keep it under $2k but am willing to go a little over if there’s a huge quality jump. I don’t want super cheap like a hi-point or kel-tec. I’ve read about AR9 unreliability, but not idea if that’s just certain brands/designs. I don’t hate the idea of something that uses Glock mags, but it’s certainly not necessary. So fellas, how should I spend my cash?
I’d like to have a JPRifles JP5. It is AR15ish, but uses a roller-delayed locking system, like an MP-5 for reduced recoil. They are pricey, however, starting at $3,200. They take Glock mags.

So what type of Glock mags does it take?

I tried to look it up didn’t find much
Interchangeable magazine wells for use of common Ruger® and Glock® magazines. Ships with SR-Series™/Security-9® pistol magazine well installed and an additional magazine well accepting Glock® magazines is included*.

How many do you have in your collection?
Opsec dictates I don't answer. But it's just my personality, and it's not just guns. I have a big sneaker collection, big Lego collection. Some guys like to buy and sell guns all the time, some collect, some see them totally as tools. Same with anything else (cars, motorcycles, sneakers, coins, whatever).

9mm AR upper and 4 Mean Arms mag inserts.
So you have all the same fit and feel of your regular AR but now your shooting 9mm without the need of a mag block inside your lower.
You literally just change the upper and put in your 9 mm converted mags and go from there.

RC
Couldn’t agree more. My mean arms run flawlessly.

Opsec dictates I don't answer. But it's just my personality, and it's not just guns. I have a big sneaker collection, big Lego collection. Some guys like to buy and sell guns all the time, some collect, some see them totally as tools. Same with anything else (cars, motorcycles, sneakers, coins, whatever).

If I was strictly based off collecting theres no way I would reduce myself to something that took glock mags etc. I'd start at a CZ Scorpion and go up from there, otherwise you're just looking at pedestrian stuff. If money wasnt an issue id go with an MPx, most of the $ there is the fact that the mags are a Cosby Rape Machine, but if you are a boring collector that doesnt need a couple dozen mags with each gun then thats not a big deal. (I basically get cold sweats if I dont have at least like, 10, 12 mags or more for each gun type).

If I was strictly based off collecting theres no way I would reduce myself to something that took glock mags etc. I'd start at a CZ Scorpion and go up from there, otherwise you're just looking at pedestrian stuff. If money wasnt an issue id go with an MPx, most of the $ there is the fact that the mags are a Cosby Rape Machine, but if you are a boring collector that doesnt need a couple dozen mags with each gun then thats not a big deal. (I basically get cold sweats if I dont have at least like, 10, 12 mags or more for each gun type).
I'll definitely be shooting it too, especially with the 5.56 situation right now, I'm going to be a little more frugal with my supplies. Glock mags not necessary at all, I just have so many it should at least be part of my calculus. Honestly an MPX was one of my first thoughts. I don't NEED a bunch of mags, but I'll probably end up with them, so their cost is a consideration.

This comp is awesome totally cuts down/redirects any perceived decibels. With subsonic ammo it’s quieter than my 10/22…

Take a look at the S&W FPC. I had a Beretta CX4 and liked it a lot, but didn’t love it like I wanted to. I let it go to pay a bill thinking I’d get another down the road. The FPC came out and since I do like and own a few M&P’s I took a looked. I liked the feel and handling. Brought it home and ended up loving it. It feels better, shoots better than the CX4. It’s smaller, lighter and folds up shorter than the CX4. I put a Vortex SPARC red dot on it. It makes the CX4 feel old, heavy and outdated. Some dislike the spare magazine holder in the butt and its release lever. It does not bother me, I just pull on the lever rather than push it to release the magazine. The slide release is useless so I just use the charging handle so no big deal. The CX4 did have a great slide release. The only drawback that I know is an issue for many is the magazine capacity if you’re in Massachusetts or anywhere else with restrictions and it doesn’t take Glock magazines. The other S&W PCC, the Response, fixes the magazine preference issue and is based off the AR platform so can change out the trigger group. It came out shortly after I bought the FPC. It felt cheap to me when I handled one (I only handled it, I did not shoot it) so I and happy with my choice.

Attachments

• IMG_1186.jpeg
    IMG_1186.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 62
Back
Top Bottom