• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Russian troops to receive cutting-edge small arms The new weapons will include “the best machine pistol in the world,” arms manufacturer Kalashnikov

Reptile

NES Member
Russian troops will receive cutting-edge weapons, including PPK-20 submachine guns and SVCh designated marksman rifles, by the end of the year, Kalashnikov Group announced on Sunday.

“We believe it is the best machine pistol in the world for the next 20 years,” the head of the famed arms manufacturer, Alan Lushnikov, told journalists, describing the PPK-20. Data provided by the company indicates that it is capable of firing 800 rounds per minute. According to Russian media, bullets fired from the gun have a velocity of nearly 470 meters per second and are capable of penetrating IIIA level body armor – one of the highest armor classes for concealable, lightweight soft protection.

Continues...

It's late and I aint got the time...

Where can I get one of these???

Looks like they just cut a foot of each end of an AK. But what caliber is it in?
9x19

9x19
That's kinda what I figured, based on the velocity.
Not sure what makes this any better than SMG's from other major manufacturers like HK or Sig.

470 mps is 1,542 fps, isn't that .357 sig speeds?

Yes, but it's with the 84 grain 7n21 round out of a 7.1" barrel -- nothing terribly new there. The PPK-20 is a blowback without last bolt hold open. Operationally, it could very well be world class, but it's still got the ballistics one would expect of a 9mm SMG.

470 mps is 1,542 fps, isn't that .357 sig speeds?
dunno what kind of a BS that is, as ppk-20 shoots standard 9x19 parabellum.
"bullets fired from the gun have a velocity of nearly 470 meters per second and are capable of penetrating IIIA level body armor – one of the highest armor classes for concealable, lightweight soft protection" - yeah, right.

i think it was supposed to be about the SVCh - that is indeed capable of that.

"rt.com is owned and operated by the Russian government. Their livelihoods and possibly their lives depend on publishing what Putin wants them to publish."

"You'll still be giving these weapons to poorly trained, unmotivated conscripts. Might as well be Mosins."

Correct on both statements.

Haven't direct blowback 9mm AK-ish SMG's been around for a while now, or am I imagining things?

That said, "best" is questionable. I'd concede that this is probably the "best", if "best" means easily produced in third world factories for like 1/6 the cost of a B&T. But there are far superior SMG's on the market. Plus, if someone wants to carry a small AK-ish rifle, wouldn't one want a Krink in a warzone?

Let's sit back and soak up the magic of this thread...

-Post is made by notorious conspiracy theory member
-Post is from RT, a notorious shit tier propaganda machine from Russia
-The gun is probably ~30+ years old when compared to peers
-The gun has next to zero role in modern combat units outside of drivers, tank crews, shit like that.
-OP wants one. [rofl]

Looks like an AR-9 bit utilizing an AK pattern receiver.

At least an AR-9 can take glock mags....

Leave it to the Russians to bring a f***ing 9x19 subgun to a theatre where everyone is wearing body armor.

In fantasy land, sure, 9x19 will penetrate what soldiers wear reliably. In reality... well....
9x19 works extremely well against unarmored civilians. Just like the Japanese in WW2 using with great effectiveness against Chinese civilians 'anemic' rounds by American standards.

Back
Top Bottom