S&W fire...anyone hear of this?

Pilgrim

NES Member
RETIRED, at home or wherever I want to be
Tuesday 9-25 at 4 P.M. a fire broke out in the polishing room at the S&W factory in Springfield, MA. The entire factory was evacuated as a precaution due to heavy smoke. The polishing room is separate from the main plant and sustained approximately $10,000 worth of smoke damage. Equipment damage was yet to be determined. The cause of the fire was a polishing head that overheated on a robotic machine. There were no injuries and normal operations were scheduled to resume Wed. morning. As reported by the Springfield Republican.

Didn't hear anything about it on either of the 3 local tv stations here.

I'm over that way every Wednesday (well right next to the Shooting Center) and I didn't see anything going on. Of course the SC is not right next to S&W.

Tuesday 9-25 at 4 P.M. a fire broke out in the polishing room at the S&W factory in Springfield, MA. The entire factory was evacuated as a precaution due to heavy smoke. The polishing room is separate from the main plant and sustained approximately $10,000 worth of smoke damage. Equipment damage was yet to be determined. The cause of the fire was a polishing head that overheated on a robotic machine. There were no injuries and normal operations were scheduled to resume Wed. morning. As reported by the Springfield Republican.

Something about overheated polishing head is funny to me.
Reminds me of a previous girlfriend.

Back
Top Bottom