Saf-C 2102.03 and NH non-resident permit when home state will not issue?

We may want to add a sticky for non-resident applications, including the update to New Hampshire's rules around non-resident permits in SAF-C2100, specifically for people who do not have a resident permit from their home state:
Saf-C 2102.03 said:
No nonresident license shall be issued unless the applicant provides a copy of the applicant’s resident state license, or unless the applicant displays, for verification, a resident state license.

This is new for 2012/2013, back on 10/14/2004 the rule was amended to state that a permit from any state, resident or non-resident, was sufficient for an applicant to obtain the NR permit from NH. This also seems like a serious step backwards, IMHO makes it much easier for a future rulemaking to claim that a restricted Massachusetts LTC doesn't count as a resident LTC for the purpose of applying as a non-resident to New Hampshire.

Why no public outcry when Saf-C 2102.03 changed back?

Last edited:
We may want to add a sticky for non-resident applications, including the update to New Hampshire's rules around non-resident permits in SAF-C2100, specifically for people who do not have a resident permit from their home state:

This is new, back on 10/14/2004 the rule was amended to state that a permit from any state, resident or non-resident, was sufficient for an applicant to obtain the NR permit from NH. This also seems like a serious step backwards, IMHO makes it much easier for a future rulemaking to claim that a restricted Massachusetts LTC doesn't count as a resident LTC for the purpose of applying as a non-resident to New Hampshire.

Why no public outcry when Saf-C 2102.03 changed?

Probably because for most people seeking an NH nonres, it doesn't matter, unless you live in some dump like NJ or or MD where it's pretty much completely impossible to get a local permit. That, IMHO, is a bigger problem than the "restricted" issue.

-Mike

This is new, back on 10/14/2004 the rule was amended to state that a permit from any state, resident or non-resident, was sufficient for an applicant to obtain the NR permit from NH. This also seems like a serious step backwards, IMHO makes it much easier for a future rulemaking to claim that a restricted Massachusetts LTC doesn't count as a resident LTC for the purpose of applying as a non-resident to New Hampshire.

Why no outcry?

Because no one knows about the change.

If I didn't check this sub-forum on a regular basis, I'd have no idea this change was made.

I agree with Mike, and I am not sure where your concerns about a restricted LTC are coming from. It is still an LTC issued by the state. I agree that it is a step backwards...but then there appears to be changes blowing in the wind that make one wonder about the long term future of the Granite State. WatchCityCPA moved to NH because of its laws, and now has engaged an attorney regarding a delay in the issuing of his license. A recent thread identified whole cities that have gone moonbat libtard, unfortunately these are also the major population centers of NH...it does make one pause and wonder.

I agree with Mike, and I am not sure where your concerns about a restricted LTC are coming from. It is still an LTC issued by the state. I agree that it is a step backwards...but then there appears to be changes blowing in the wind that make one wonder about the long term future of the Granite State. WatchCityCPA moved to NH because of its laws, and now has engaged an attorney regarding a delay in the issuing of his license. A recent thread identified whole cities that have gone moonbat libtard, unfortunately these are also the major population centers of NH...it does make one pause and wonder.

What changes exactly?

About the "recent thread identified whole cities that have gone moonbat libtard". Can you think of a single state that this doesn't apply to?

The NH-bashing is getting old. Sour grapes.

OP, thanks for bringing this up. I hadn't caught wind of it.

Keene is a major population center? Durham is a major population center?

Really? [thinking]

What changes exactly? About the "recent thread identified whole cities that have gone moonbat libtard". Can you think of a single state that this doesn't apply to? The NH-bashing is getting old. Sour grapes. OP, thanks for bringing this up. I hadn't caught wind of it.
Where have I bashed NH? Times can change. I remember when a non-res permit was what 20.00? Now it is a hundred. Frankly I think denial that you have is for a slight problem that I think is going to get worse for you. Let's see how the Class of 2026 (today's first graders) feel about guns. I have no jealousy or envy of NH. I'm from a freerer state than that originally. I have my non-res permit, but explain to me why you have so many Democrats are elected to office up there? Explain to me why a member of this forum engaged the services of Penny Dean regarding the timely issue of his resident permit? He moved there from Mass so he would be free having grown up in a Communist Country. Believe me it is not sour grapes. Remember the price of liberty is eternal vigilance and I'd hate to see NH fall. Nip things in the bud now and you won't have to fight the major battles later, that's all. [thumbsup] Remember more and more Ma$$holes are moving across your border and bringing their social attitudes with them. When I came to Mass 31 years ago, I could buy any gun on the market, I could buy any magazine size I wanted too. True, I needed an FID or an LTC, I'll grant you that, but in terms of possession and purchase, I had the very same ability to buy any gun I wanted just like you can today in NH. What a difference just three decades make. Think about it, that's all I respectfully ask.

Last edited:

The thing is Mark, those kinds of issues are hardly new. I wouldn't consider this indicative of any kind of a "trend" in NH. Years ago there were problems with NH rejecting restricted LTC apps for nonresident permits, and this issue occurred long before this edict was issued. Even in these cases, some "phone calls got made" and the issue was quickly rectified. Same thing with the douche chiefs in NH, but even then, "corrections" usually get made. Even when the whole Ward Bird thing happened, eventually a law was passed to try to forestall it from happening again, if I remember correctly. NH isn't perfect but at least in most cases there's actually avenues to resolve the problems... that actually work. In MA we're pretty much stuck to long court battles trying to throw long arcing uppercuts against the state in Federal court...

I don't think the permit fee getting jacked is a good example, either... so the legislature threw a bunch of people under the bus that they're not
accountable to... my shocked face. [laugh]

One key thing that needs to get resolved in NH is this "Having 3 pro gun orgs" bullshit. That's gotta stop if people want to make forward progress there. You can't take a minority interest and fraction it into 3 chunks and expect success. Someone needs to have a "come to jesus" meeting, bury some hatchets or whatever, pep talk, cheerleaders, good rap, whatever you want to call it... and fix that shit. If there was one well run (and when I say well run, I'm thinking something like VCDL) monolithic pro RKBA org in NH, NH would have had permit-less carry at this point- it'd be done and they'd be able to defend it pretty well, too. There's lots to be gained by getting all your guns pointed in the same direction.

-Mike

One key thing that needs to get resolved in NH is this "Having 3 pro gun orgs" bullshit. That's gotta stop if people want to make forward progress there. You can't take a minority interest and fraction it into 3 chunks and expect success.
Amen, brother Grant. The PROBLEM is, it appears that we have a particularly disfunctional NRA-ILA rep up here -- one org insists on supporting him, the other believes he's a problem.

So while "coming to Jesus" is always a good thing, I don't think the hatchet is going to get buried until the root cause of the problem is addressed... or goes away.

Where have I bashed NH? Times can change. I remember when a non-res permit was what 20.00? Now it is a hundred. Frankly I think denial that you have is for a slight problem that I think is going to get worse for you. Let's see how the Class of 2026 (today's first graders) feel about guns. I have no jealousy or envy of NH. I'm from a freerer state than that originally. I have my non-res permit, but explain to me why you have so many Democrats are elected to office up there? Explain to me why a member of this forum engaged the services of Penny Dean regarding the timely issue of his resident permit? He moved there from Mass so he would be free having grown up in a Communist Country. Believe me it is not sour grapes. Remember the price of liberty is eternal vigilance and I'd hate to see NH fall. Nip things in the bud now and you won't have to fight the major battles later, that's all. [thumbsup] Remember more and more Ma$$holes are moving across your border and bringing their social attitudes with them. When I came to Mass 31 years ago, I could buy any gun on the market, I could buy any magazine size I wanted too. True, I needed an FID or an LTC, I'll grant you that, but in terms of possession and purchase, I had the very same ability to buy any gun I wanted just like you can today in NH. What a difference just three decades make. Think about it, that's all I respectfully ask.

Oh, please, Mark. You always bash NH, in that any when any moonbat event occurs, no matter how small or insignificant, you can be counted upon to flash in and say, "See? NH is going blue and it's just MA North." It's actually like clockwork.

Some moonbat legistator introduces some BS bill, that has no chance of passing, and quickly dies with no co-sponsor: "NH IS GOING BLUE. IT'S ALL MOONBATS." WatchCityCPA simply gets delayed, not denied, in this P&RL, and because he got pissed about that (good for him) and decided to spank the CLEO (good for him x2), suddenly that's indicative of a problem. Really? What was the last MA CLEO that got spanked because his LTC took 3 weeks instead of 2? Where's the MA law that even allows you to do that? And BTW, think WatchCityCPA is sorry he moved?

I know you like to say "Oh, I'm not bashing, I'm just warning" and "NH is what MA was years ago," (Really, by your own admission, you still needed to ask the state's permission to own a gun before you could "buy any gun I wanted just like you can today.") but you're being disingenuous. If you reread them, I think you'll see your posts always have a definite "misery needs company" or sour grapes feel.

Last edited:
Back on topic, I still think it is unreasonable and unfair that New Hampshire will no longer issue a non-resident permit when the applicant does not have a resident permit from her home state. We need somebody with standing (e.g. a Delaware or NYC resident) to challenge this.

ScottS said:
If you reread them, I think you'll see your posts always have a definite "miserly needs company" or sour grapes feel.
Not to pile on, but for a guy who says he would never live in New Hampshire, mark056 sure does have a lot to say about life here. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume mark056's bashing of NH is like my bashing of MA -- neither conscious nor malicious. That said, I'm still quoting him (currently unattributed) in my updated signature block :)

Last edited:
Oh, please, Mark. You always bash NH, in that any when any moonbat event occurs, no matter how small or insignificant, you can be counted upon to flash in and say, "See? NH is going blue and it's just MA North." It's actually like clockwork. Some moonbat legistator introduces some BS bill, that has no chance of passing, and quickly dies with no co-sponsor: "NH IS GOING BLUE. IT'S ALL MOONBATS." WatchCityCPA simply gets delayed, not denied, in this P&RL, and because he got pissed about that (good for him) and decided to spank the CLEO (good for him x2), suddenly that's indicative of a problem. Really? What was the last MA CLEO that got spanked because his LTC took 3 weeks instead of 2? Where's the MA law that even allows you to do that? And BTW, think WatchCityCPA is sorry he moved? I know you like to say "Oh, I'm not bashing, I'm just warning" and "NH is what MA was years ago," (Really, by your own admission, you still needed to ask the state's permission to own a gun before you could "buy any gun I wanted just like you can today.") but you're being disingenuous. If you reread them, I think you'll see your posts always have a definite "misery needs company" or sour grapes feel.
I love NH and what it stands for, and if you can't
see that price of liberty is eternal vigilance then sooner or later things will change. It's an NES cliche, I suppose that what you tolerates you validate, we tolerated far to much in Mass and I would hope you understand that. Hey you guys gave your electoral votes to Obama too. Don't you think this "my state is better than your state is really a bit silly?" I know I do. Why are people so hypersensitive about this? Nh isn't the same as it was 10 years ago, at least the places along the border, accept or reject that premise but I know what I see and hear and read YMMV Remember that one cancer cell in the body is one too many, same could be said for moonbats and libtards, learn from our mistakes.

Last edited:
Ignore my concerns, read what just happened to swesson.

Anything I say about NH just causes you to jump all over me, so I'm not saying anything except your state, your problem. I have an unrestricted MA LTC A and when I renew my NH P&R shouldn't have a problem. You worry about it, not me. NH is none of my business, at least that's what you told me in so many words. Sounds like a letter to the NHSP will fix things, if not it's still your problem, which isn't a problem because we know everything is fine and dandy in the Granite State. I'll MYOB with regard to NH, and you can do the same for MA...fair enough? [cheers]

Back
Top Bottom