Safe Humidity Issue

/thread

It's what I have in mine as well. One in the room with the safe, another in the garage. Wish I ponied up for the self pumping version to run a hose out the room but the buckets fill up every other day so it isn't that bad to empty.

Emptying the dehumidifier every 8 hours is the biggest PITA. My parts showed up today to add an automatic condensate pump.

Last edited:
This is how my basement was, I did some rewiring myself to make to work until we ended up updating the panel. How is the dehumidifier going to stay running if it’s on off power?
I'm going to run it in the adjacent room with the door open. The finished room has power.

Just to finish this off - basement dehumidifier was the ticket. Only been running for 8hrs and the whole basement is down to low 50% from high 70s, and the safe is at 49% down from 68%. Now to get my plumber to plumb the drain into the washer basin so I can stop emptying this damn thing.

I have a golden rod, but have two issues. First, safe was supposed to be pre-drilled for power cord - it's not, and there isn't enough room behind it to run the wire without unbolting it and getting 3 friends to help me move it. Second, the room that it's in has on/off power that only works of a light switch that runs all the basement lights (stupid, annoying) so a full-time on golden rod won't work at this point without electrical work to the tune of $5000 (panel would have to be updated for code). My full basement dehumidifier arrives today, so we will see if that helps.
Drilling for a power strip is easy.
Get a rubber grommet to protect the cord and install something like this:

Takes about 15 minutes including vacuuming up the drillings.

Back
Top Bottom