Sbs

oldfogey8

NES Member
I'm sure this has been mentioned several times but if you have a trust can you SBS a stock shotgun, or do you have to buy a factory SBS? Not too sure on MA laws in this case.

Thanks in advance,
Eric

Damnit I didn't think so. That just ruined my afternoon haha. Thanks for confirming it though.

Wait so how come I can't just register it as an aow? Or a destructive device like the usas 12?

The state and federal definition of a sawed off shot gun and AOW don't really match up.

From the Stow police dept site:
Pursuant to c. 140§121, a sawed-off shotgun is defined as any weapon made from a shotgun, whether by alteration, modification, or otherwise, is such weapon:

a. as modified has one or more barrels less than 18 inches in length; or

b. as modified has an overall length of less than 26 inches.

EDITOR’S NOTE: Pursuant to c.269§10, subsection © it is a felony to unlawfully possess or carry a sawed-off shotgun in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

Pursuant to c. 140§121, A shotgun is defined as a weapon having a smooth bore with a barrel length equal to or greater than 18 inches with an overall length equal to or greater than 26 inches, and capable of discharging a shot or bullet for each pull of the trigger.

get a serbu shorty. it's an AOW.

Yup ...

I was looking at this company who made after market receiver for the 500 and a few others . They made them take a saiga mags .
That would be a good setup since your not limiting your round count as much.
Sucks they stopped selling the kits and only sell competed guns

Sounds good guys thanks for the info. I know sbr's but sbs' are a whole different world in this state haha. Def appreciated

Back
Top Bottom