School me on CBRN masks

Ive basically narrowed it down to an M53 or an LBM, ill probably wait until this all blows over because ive got a few M40s ive gotten in tax return over the years.

Will the 53 accept M40 canisters?
Yes. Same canisters. I find the M53 much more friendly to shooting and communicating. Also, it’s capable of accepting a bottle supplied air mix for use in low oxygen environments. The kit is quite expensive though. I’d also recommend if you are spending on a mask, make sure you get suitable clothing as well. Again, none of this has anything to do with corona virus. But if you’re someplace you need the mask; you probably need a suit too. There are a lot of contact and absorption hazards that will drop you just as fast. It’s a whole system, not just a mask. While you’re at it, get some tape for sealing the seams of the suit and a chameleon in a wrist commander set up. That will give you an idea what kind of exposure hazard you’re dealing with. Or if you just want something to keep the tear gas out, the mask is more than sufficient.

I would recommend wearing this at all times. You never know when tehCoronabirus is gonna strike.

naked-gun-full-body-condom.png

From original post. . .

Everyone just calm down. Or take your panic to the "TEOTWAWKI" thread - wherever it is.

OP seemed familiar with enough with mil spec masks, so I just assumed all the hoopla over Coronavirus just reminded him to look into CBRN masks. Or maybe I'm assuming too much, but I doubt OP is looking to actually use a CBRN mask as a daily driver for the next few months.

Back
Top Bottom