• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

School me on Don Hume holsters

J

Jose

How's their quality?

I want a leather pancake OWB for my Model 65, and Hume's the least expensive at around $42. Most others start at $70 and go up from there.

Obviously something had to go to get that low price. I want an inexpensive holster, not a cheap one.

I would consider a Kydex, but none that I have found has an FBI cant (which is a must for me). Any suggestions there woud also be appreciated.

ETA: No thumb breaks for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Don Hume JIT slide belt holster that I have used for years for j frames. It has worked equally well for my light 342 and for the heavier 649 and 60. Having said that I once had one for a Glock 29 and the holster was just not up to the task. The G29 was just too heavy for the holster and it would not pull tight to the body. They also make a very nice pocket holster. Overall I think that Don Hume makes a decent holster for it's class.

Also you might want to check out Kirkpatrick Leather at www.kirkpatrickleather.com. Their Texas Strong Side holster has an FBI cant and sells for $54.00. Great holster. I have one for my S&W 1911PD and have one on order for my Ruger SP101 snubby. Highly recommended. Fast, courteous service.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link. They look good. I need to call them because their on-line gun selection menu sucks.

I would consider a Kydex, but none that I have found has an FBI cant (which is a must for me). Any suggestions there woud also be appreciated.

ETA: No thumb breaks for me.[/QUOTE]

BLADETECH..have a FBI (ajustable actually ) but it is a paddle

You might want to check out www.simplyrugged.com
He has a lot of very satisfied customers on some other forums.

I've seen those. They look cheap.

Last night I found FIST holsters and they look good to go. I will most likely go with their #9 Close Cropped Basic. At $54.95, it looks like a steal.

9.jpg

Who has the best selection of IWB holsters driving distance to Metro-West? In New England? I was very disapointed in the selection of the holster guy at the local shows. Want to try it on before I buy.

thanks,
-= chuck

I've been using a Hume open top belt slide holster for several years. It's well-designed and -made.
I paid over $30 for it from an online dealer. A couple of months after purchase I attended the gun show in Marlborough where a dealer had a whole table of boxes filled with Hume holsters for a good deal less than $30. That was a couple of years ago.

JT

Back
Top Bottom