School superintendent "accidentally" fires gun during class

Thank goodness no one was hurt.

Shame on him for doing something so stupid. Only the fact he's in Montana will save his job. I hope he gets demoted or suspended though. It's far from a trivial incident.
What was on the other side of that map? I would not necessarily call a wall a safe direction in a school full of kids. I know when I teach, I scout the area on the other side of the walls of the room so I can determine where "safe" is and mark it with tape. I would doubt he bothered.

When I was in 7th grade, a game warden taught a hunter safety course at our school (yes, we suspended regular instruction in favor of hunting -- this was Arkansas!)

Yeah. In rural NC, I had to pass hunter safety to graduate high school.

Certainly those who disingenuously - or deludingly - refer to it as "War of Northern Agression [sic]."
I offended on principle by your assertion. Just because I agree with the modern moral/ethical outcome of the end of slavery, does not mean I must excuse the abuse of powers used to accomplish it...

It was for many precisely the "northern agression" which brought them into the fight.

The disingenuousness and dilusion comes as much, if not more from the recasting of the equally racist north as morally unimpeachable, when they too considered african americans something less than citizens or indeed human.

Niether north nor south was innocent there...

No kidding. Been quite a number of years but it was a requirement. You didn't have to actually handle a firearm but you had to sit through the safety lectures. The last day we were given the opportunity to shoot some clays for a quarter a shot.

Back
Top Bottom