Scope for .50 BMG

mbz4ever

Dealer
NES Member
I'm trying to pick out a scope for Barrett M82A1.
Main question is Leupold Mark 4 ER/T, Nightforce or I can get a way with Super Sniper 10x42m?

I have a Leupold on my Serbu. It's holding up strong with over 500 rnds through her. Zero has never waivered. I own three Leupolds. Two Var-x IIIs and one Mark 4. All great scopes.

I would say that since you spent all that money on your rifle, you shouldn't skimp on your choice for glass. If you plan on using it anywhere close to its max effective range you will want quality glass. I'd say go with the Leupold, or whatever other quality scope you so choose.

Leupold, S&B, US Optics, Nightforce... they're all going to do the same thing for you and they're all great scopes. I have a Mark IV myself.

Leupold, S&B, US Optics, Nightforce... they're all going to do the same thing for you and they're all great scopes. I have a Mark IV myself.

+1
When your spending that type of money on quality glass, it comes down to subtleties, type and time of shooting, reticle, subtention at different distances, type of power, ease of adjustment for OP, how your eyes mate up with the glass. Some folks may feel better with a Nightforce and the guy next to you may prefer S&B, good position to be in. Good luck and have fun.

When your spending that type of money on quality glass,
It's not the just the glass but the tube. One of the top rifle experts I know tells me that he feels Leupold is excellent glass, and although decently built, clearly not of the same construction ruggedness as a US Optics or Nightforce.

I use a super sniper 20x42 on my Serbu,,300 plus rounds down the pipe with no loss of zero.................but its single shot.I think with the semi-auto you may need beefer mounts ,similar to a bolt Rem 700 vis a M1A 308 . My M1A needed a more heavy duty mount due to Semi-auto statis..

Back
Top Bottom