Scope for a Browning BL-22 lever rifle

hminsky

NES Life Member
NES Member
I just got a Browning BL-22 lever rifle, and I want to put a scope on it. The rifle has some kind of small grooves near the top of the receiver , supposedly for a scope mount, but I've never dealt with that style of mount before.

Can anyone recommend a small lightweight scope and mount that would fit this style of receiver mount ?

thanks

You can buy those rings anywhere. Just ask for .22 rings. As for scopes, any 1" scope is going to look big on that rifle. I have a BL-22 that I put a receiver sight on. It doesn't ruin the looks/handling of a trim little lever-action and is almost as accurate to boot.

PatMcD said:
You can buy those rings anywhere. Just ask for .22 rings. As for scopes, any 1" scope is going to look big on that rifle. I have a BL-22 that I put a receiver sight on. It doesn't ruin the looks/handling of a trim little lever-action and is almost as accurate to boot.

You mean you put a sight on the back of the receiver near the hammer? Where do you get one of those?

Mine is just a cheap Williams sight. I lucked out and found it at a gun shop. Brownell's probably has them.

Back
Top Bottom