Scope rail 10/22

blindndead

NES Member
I want to put on the rail that came with the gun on, is it a pain in the ass? I see the screw's on the top of the rifle but they look like they are in really good. I dont want to start messing with it if I an going to start a problem. Also the screw's that came with the rail are real long. I am new to this any help would be great .

There are many different mounts for 10/22s including some that screw right to the receiver. There are even some with a see through tube so you can use the iron sights, then there are see through rings that go straight to the receiver.
I can't remember which loc tite is stronger, the blue or red, but I'd go with the weaker one in case you want to remove the factory rail later with an easy removal and use something else.

Y'know it bothered me when I got my 10/22 it came with a rail from Ruger, and the rail had four screw holes, but only two of them lined up with the holes in the receiver. Oh well.

I can't remember which loc tite is stronger, the blue or red, but I'd go with the weaker one in case you want to remove the factory rail later with an easy removal and use something else.

Blue = Medium strength, removable

Red = High strength, PITA (but sometimes better on very small fasteners)

Back
Top Bottom