• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Searching Conversations (PMs)

June4th

NES Member
There used to be a way that you can keyword search your own Inbox or Sent folder. Can you do it with Conversations? I cannot seem to find a way.

No way of doing this now - I have a solution but it's not trivial to do implement - I'll try and get this added over the next couple of weeks.

sHORTY, what about user names? We used to look at a list of registered user names to remind us if we only remembered a partial user name. I don't see that ability any more.

sHORTY, what about user names? We used to look at a list of registered user names to remind us if we only remembered a partial user name. I don't see that ability any more.

Are you asking about searching user names, or viewing the member list? You can do both - if you type something in on the search box, you'll get usernames which match along the right side of the screen:
upload_2018-2-24_15-59-40.png

Otherwise, you can view/search the Member list directly from the top of the page:
upload_2018-2-24_16-0-48.png

Got it. Thanks.

Is there a way to search and find a partial name buried in the full username? I can't find a post I was looking for so I was going to search names for something that looked familiar. Using "glock" for example it only brings up names that start with that.

The list of registered users is so long and I don't see a "go to page" number area that we can enter to skip to a letter more in the middle of the list.

Thanks.

Matt

Last edited:
Got it. Thanks.

Is there a way to search and find a partial name buried in the full username? I can't find a post I was looking for so I was going to search names for something that looked familiar. Using "glock" for example it only brings up names that start with that.

Thanks.

Matt

Hmm. That's a bit trickier. I'll try and find a solution for you.

@SERE - check out the "Member Search" option in the Members section.

WOW! That deserves a "sticky" on "How to Search with upgrade". That is quite the improvement.

Thank you.

Matt

ETA: That is lightning fast and solved two searches instantly and accurately. I was off more than I thought and it found it as one of the options.

Back
Top Bottom