• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Secret Service Agents in Fatal NH Crash

Why? According to the story, they were hit when a car in the opposite lane swerved and hit them.

Well, as devil's advocate, the dead guy can't exactly tell HIS side of the story...

... standard practice in a protected vehicle op is to move fast, generally very fast.

The fact that they DO so, does not mean that doing so is OK. It's illegal, unprofessional and unethical.

The driver of the other vehicle was unlicensed and apparently had a significant criminal record. I think this was simply that a guy with a drug and/or alcohol problem tried to pass another car when and where he shouldn't have, and in the process hit an oncoming car. The oncoming car just happened to have four secret service agents in it.

Nothing more nefarious than that.

FIFY

If the SS were traveling at 95mph, this guy could have been passing a car where he would have been fine if the oncoming car weren't speeding. Any charges against the driver of the speeding car ?

You're merging two different stories. The 95mph a-holes were a different day, different event, different SS Agents.

Here you go.

article-2132293-12AD0255000005DC-20_634x530.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...mbian-prostitute-Dania-shook-White-House.html

Not Guilty!

Screenshot-2015-01-07-10.28.01-200x200.png

I see a go fund me page has been set up for one of the agents that was paralyzed. If these agents were on duty, does the gov pick up the medical tab and possible disability/benefits? Not making light of the injury or future of the agents quality of life, just looking for some clarity.

I see a go fund me page has been set up for one of the agents that was paralyzed. If these agents were on duty, does the gov pick up the medical tab and possible disability/benefits? Not making light of the injury or future of the agents quality of life, just looking for some clarity.

If they were 'on duty', the service would pay for the injury. If he is paralyzed and unable to return to service, he'll be medically retired at a fraction of his current pay, assuming another .gov job could not be found for him, for example: dispatch or call center.

If they were off duty, it's the same as you or me (assuming I'm off duty). Hope the guy had insurance.

Back
Top Bottom