• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Seecamp LWS .32. The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. Opinions, nice holsters, advice, ammo...ect.

I liked that Diamondback even though reviews at that time weren’t great. I was ready to pull the trigger on one labeled as new at Riley’s but I was giving it a once over and the barrel was filthy. The guy insisted it was factory testing and would not knock anything off the price. I walked…
I got mine about 10 years ago for $199 brand new, best cheap 380 around IMO

I saw some on GB a few months ago and being a .32 guy I would like a micro .32 and it doesn't get smaller than Seecamp, the the thing being designed around cartridges that have the OAL of a hollow point means FMJ is a no go and that is a dealbreaker.

NAA Guardian seems like a better choice, but the best small .32 is clearly the Kel Tec and it's unfortunately not as small as the Seecamp or NAA. Crazy light tho.

I saw some on GB a few months ago and being a .32 guy I would like a micro .32 and it doesn't get smaller than Seecamp, the the thing being designed around cartridges that have the OAL of a hollow point means FMJ is a no go and that is a dealbreaker.

NAA Guardian seems like a better choice, but the best small .32 is clearly the Kel Tec and it's unfortunately not as small as the Seecamp or NAA. Crazy light tho.
Can I ask why hollow point is a deal breaker? Isn't the only point of these self defense?

Can I ask why hollow point is a deal breaker? Isn't the only point of these self defense?
Generally, .32 ACP isn't fast enough to open them up and is too light that when they do open up they don't penetrate. A longer barrel like the Beretta 81 has the ability to up the velocity enough and get 10 inches of penetration with the right JHP, but that's a far bigger pistol than the Seecamp or even Kel Tec .32 is.

I'd rather use solid bullets in small .32's, but when Seecamp basically forces me into using Winchester .32 ACP FMJ at nearly a buck a round? No thanks.

I've been keeping my eye out for a p32. I don't think they've been made in a while or are made often. Prices on GB are way too high.

Generally, .32 ACP isn't fast enough to open them up and is too light that when they do open up they don't penetrate. A longer barrel like the Beretta 81 has the ability to up the velocity enough and get 10 inches of penetration with the right JHP, but that's a far bigger pistol than the Seecamp or even Kel Tec .32 is.

I'd rather use solid bullets in small .32's, but when Seecamp basically forces me into using Winchester .32 ACP FMJ at nearly a buck a round? No thanks.
I’ve found mine cycles with Federal HydraShok, Hornady Critical Defense, and PMC Bronze. Yes, all hollow point. I was able to find PMC for about $22/50. Scooped up a bunch about a year ago from TS.

I’ve found mine cycles with Federal HydraShok, Hornady Critical Defense, and PMC Bronze. Yes, all hollow point. I was able to find PMC for about $22/50. Scooped up a bunch about a year ago from TS.
Great. I don't like relying solely on factory ammo for an unpopular caliber and want to be able to shoot my reloads, which I use Berry's for because they're cheap and work. They wouldn't work in the Seecamp.

I remember at one point the Winchester FMJ flat nose stuff would cycle. Haven’t tried it in a while and I’m not sure the overall length of those rounds at the moment.

I really don't mind it being picky with ammo etc. More concerned with reliability/safety.

Have seen some videos of people having the slide fly off at their face when shooting. Has anybody here experienced that with Seecamps?

Last edited:
I bought a Seecamp 32 back in the late 80's and carried everyday until it was replaced by an Ruger LCP after about 25 years. The Seecamp never failed to go bang but the 32 acp always struck me as underpowered. The 380 seemed to have more stopping power and the LCP was lighter in my pocket then the Seecamp. Plus the lack of sights made hitting anything more than 10 yards away difficult.

I have had a seecamp for approximately 10 years and carry it 75% of the time unless I'm carrying a p365.

Managed to find a bunch of the old Silvertips and federal hydrashoks for it. I've shot well over 500 rounds through mine, probably closer to 750 rounds and have never had a single issue.

I haven't found many people who have put a seecamp through the usage that I have. I trust it fully and will never give it up. 32acp isn't ideal, but it's a gun which is always on me.

Worst gun I’ve ever owned. Spent more money trying to get various ammo to work than the gun was worth.
Spoke to Larry personally. Real nice guy. We tried a bunch of fixes. Nothing worked. He finally told me to return it. You asked.....
Hope you have better luck. ;)
Same here, I owned 3 of them, had terrible luck, very unreliable, tried many types of ammo including Silvertips... sent one back to Larry he tried but could never fix it. Sold them all, good luck. Get an LCP Max. flawless.

I liked that Diamondback even though reviews at that time weren’t great. I was ready to pull the trigger on one labeled as new at Riley’s but I was giving it a once over and the barrel was filthy. The guy insisted it was factory testing and would not knock anything off the price. I walked…
Always ask the seller to remove the grips on a used gun for inspection. I've seem well cared for guns that are 95%+ but have visible pitting and corrosion below the grips because the attentive care did not include occasional removal of the grips and cleaning/oiling the surface - particularly on a blued gun.

Back
Top Bottom