Senators Want Gun Shipment Stats From Trucking, Rail Companies

DW357

NES Member
Didn’t see this posted elsewhere but it is from May 2022…apologies if this is a dupe.

Copy of the letter sent, here:

With all of the lost/stolen packages (as discussed in multiple other threads) makes you wonder if the big carriers will say F it and stop shipping gun stuff altogether. FedEx has already changed their policy on who (FFLs only) can ship firearms….

UPS changed their rules too

Shipments containing Firearm Products are accepted for transportation only from shippers who are federally licensed and have an approved UPS agreement for the transportation of Firearm Products

Last edited:
The next front of attack on guns. Choke the banks. Choke the credit card processors. Choke ammo. Now choke shipment.

Nothing has changed yet. I’m still getting FedEx and ups every day and have not let my drivers license be scanned…
Thanks for the update.

Didn’t see this posted elsewhere but it is from May 2022…apologies if this is a dupe.

Copy of the letter sent, here:

With all of the lost/stolen packages (as discussed in multiple other threads) makes you wonder if the big carriers will say F it and stop shipping gun stuff altogether. FedEx has already changed their policy on who (FFLs only) can ship firearms….
Ok, let's do that. We want all info under FOIA for all military and police shipments as well, along with military giveaway programs to federal, state, local and college and university police department. Why colleges, especially private ones, need such firepower while us peasants are denied it for lack of need under current MA law I cannot understand.

UPS changed their rules too

Shipments containing Firearm Products are accepted for transportation only from shippers who are federally licensed and have an approved UPS agreement for the transportation of Firearm Products

Back about the 2006-2010 time frame, both UPS and FedEx changed their published tariffs to identical wording when it came to shipping firearms.

I'm sure it was pure coincidence that they used the same language, and made the change just two weeks apart.

This is when they started requiring next day air for all handgun shipments, unless you were a dealer or manufacturer. C&R didn't count, and the price difference jumped from under $20, to about $65.

That's when even crufflers started using 01 FFLs to ship handguns.

Got this eMail from Sig today:

Dear Customer,

As of June 28, 2022, Fed Ex implemented a change in their shipping procedure; ID scanning to be required for adult signatures. Their scanning technology will:

• Capture the recipient’s name associated with the ID and auto-populate the first initial and last name.
  • Confirm the recipient is 21 years or older.

Their software does not record any other personal data (e.g., driver's license number, phone number(s), birthdate, home address, etc.). See more information about this here.

Due to a change in policy from our freighter, SIG SAUER is implementing a change in our shipping procedure.

As of 1 September 2022, controlled items shipped via Fed Ex will require the following:

• Adult Signature Required
  • Scanning of driver's license in order to verify age upon delivery

If the recipient refuses to show ID as proof of age and signature, SIG SAUER will consider the shipment as refused, which could incur restocking or reshipping fees.

We appreciate your assistance in ensuring we are all in compliance with these new industry shipping protocols.

Dear Customer,

As of June 28, 2022, Fed Ex implemented a change in their shipping procedure; ID scanning to be required for adult signatures. Their scanning technology will:

• Capture the recipient’s name associated with the ID and auto-populate the first initial and last name.

Their software does not record any other personal data (e.g., driver's license number, phone number(s), birthdate, home address, etc.). See more information about this here.

Due to a change in policy from our freighter, SIG SAUER is implementing a change in our shipping procedure.

As of 1 September 2022, controlled items shipped via Fed Ex will require the following:

If the recipient refuses to show ID as proof of age and signature, SIG SAUER will consider the shipment as refused, which could incur restocking or reshipping fees.

We appreciate your assistance in ensuring we are all in compliance with these new industry shipping protocols.
Jim should have Sean List talk to SIG about NH laws.

Dear Customer,

In the email, it says "As of 1 September 2022....." but everyone I know got it a week later...So what if someone ordered something that was shipped after 9/1 but they weren't aware that they have to fork over a driver's license before they are able to take ownership of the package.

So if you need to send back to the manufacturer for repair, what the f*** you supposed to do? Waste an FFL’s time to ship it?
Honestly using a dealer to facilitate repairs makes things pretty easy and usually they will collect a fee for doing it that costs a lot less than you going to the UPS counter will...... not to mention when the gun comes back you don't have to worry about it hanging off your door knob out in the breeze.....

Honestly using a dealer to facilitate repairs makes things pretty easy and usually they will collect a fee for doing it that costs a lot less than you going to the UPS counter will...... not to mention when the gun comes back you don't have to worry about it hanging off your door knob out in the breeze.....

Oh I'd rather give the business to a dealer anyway. I was more speaking for warranty issues that necessitated repairs on manufacturers' dime. Like that time years ago I sent my Ruger sr22 back because the magazine disconnect safety decided to get so safe the trigger got limp dick even with a magazine loaded.

I’d imagine Everytown has brainstormed the complete firearms ecosystem and has plans to harass and intimidate legal gun manufacturers, shippers, sellers, owners, gun ranges, gunsmiths, etc., via sympathetic local, country, state and federal Democrats in office. The US is a nation of laws by intent but since they’ve decided their ends justify their means, they will try anything at the taxpayers’ expense - and hire 87000 IRS agents to harass and intimidate those taxpayers for more money to do so.

It’s tit-for-tat. Block shipments of Plan B abortifacient pills and they’ll block firearms shipments. But not via state laws - via extra-legislative harassment and intimidation by legislators.

Democrats have always been the Party of Thugs and Goons.

So if you need to send back to the manufacturer for repair, what the f*** you supposed to do? Waste an FFL’s time to ship it?
When my BFR blew up, MR sent me a label, I slapped it on a box and dropped it off at their shipping center. Done.

Dude didn't even give a f*ck what was in the box, didn't ask, I didn't tell.

This was a year ago, maybe 2.

In the email, it says "As of 1 September 2022....." but everyone I know got it a week later...So what if someone ordered something that was shipped after 9/1 but they weren't aware that they have to fork over a driver's license before they are able to take ownership of the package.
Doesn't matter, most of the time FedEx doesn't wait for signature.

The last gun they shipped direct to my house (repair), they needed a signature, instead dropped to box outside and ran away. The guy didnt even wait to see if I was home. When I opened the door the guy was on his truck driving away.

I was very close to calling FedEx and asking them who my gun was delivered to and to send me proof of signature.

But I didn't do that because "guns" and didn't want them to involve some alphabet agency.

When my BFR blew up, MR sent me a label, I slapped it on a box and dropped it off at their shipping center. Done.

Dude didn't even give a f*ck what was in the box, didn't ask, I didn't tell.

This was a year ago, maybe 2.
Yeah this all changed less than a year ago.

Yeah this all changed less than a year ago.

Exactly why I asked. When I had to send my pistol back to Ruger I just dropped it off at their Lynnfield center. Was easy, but my concern was that now an FFL would need to be involved.

Sounds like it still won’t

Exactly why I asked. When I had to send my pistol back to Ruger I just dropped it off at their Lynnfield center. Was easy, but my concern was that now an FFL would need to be involved.

Sounds like it still won’t
lol just make sure that you’re around when they send it back most of the time they won’t leave a gun unless you were home but I have heard tales of people having things just hanging out door knobs…. this is why I have dealers facilitate all my repair actions so that the thing will hang out at the shop until I can get to it even if I’m not around. I literally can’t afford to be hanging around for a FedEx truck or whatever most of the time.

lol just make sure that you’re around when they send it back most of the time they won’t leave a gun unless you were home but I have heard tales of people having things just hanging out door knobs…. this is why I have dealers facilitate all my repair actions so that the thing will hang out at the shop until I can get to it even if I’m not around. I literally can’t afford to be hanging around for a FedEx truck or whatever most of the time.

I mean we’re talking about an SR22 here. If I remember correctly I just had them ship it back to the Lynnfield UPS store (could be wrong). Not the lost Ark of the Covenant.

I simply want to avoid wasting the piss of a dealer’s time. Which is the real democrat goal.

“Welp, the more time we make FFLs punch themselves in the dick, the fewer gunzzz they can sell.”

It’s the Statue of Liberty play in the democrat retardation playbook.

Back
Top Bottom