• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sentry Safes - No More For Guns

Enzo

NES Member
I was looking at buying the Sentry Home Defense "safe" for my bedroom and called Four Seasons last week to see if they had them or could order one.
FS said that Sentry was no longer going to make gun safes and they were looking at other manufacturers.
So I called Sentry this morning and YES, they are getting out of the gun safe business. Said the reason was it was unprofitable.
I don't own a Sentry Safe anyway but they are the only ones I could find that made a small semi-secure cabinet that would fit in my bedroom closet. BTW, they're still going to make the Home Defense cabinet.

Interesting that at a time when more firearms are being sold throughout the country, that Sentry with at least some name recognition, thinks guns safes are unprofitable and are getting out of the business.

Saying its unprofitable is less likely to cause a fire storm then saying they were going to lose large institutional investors who were divesting of gun related stocks. This way they aren't a "gun" company...

The insidious implication of the anti gun stock movement is that companies who are in guns as a side or secondary business will just stop. Pension funds and other large investors are critical to keeping a companies stock price up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Saying its unprofitable is less likely to cause a fire storm then saying they were going to lose large institutional investors who were divesting of gun related stocks. This way they aren't a "gun" company...

The insidious implication of the anti gun stock movement is that companies who are in guns as a side or secondary business will just stop. Pension funds and other large investors are critical to keeping a companies stock price up.

Much more likely. Was never a fan of sentry safes anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hard to sustain profitability by turning down work you are all ready set up to do. Actually why worry at all... The government will just bail them out.

Check out Liberty's Centurion series. Made in USA, better quality than Sentry but still more of a "value line" than your average real safe. They make an 18" wide model and a 21" wide model that may fit in your closet.. check them out online at Lowes, and their website can help you to find a store near you that has one to go look at. I have one of these and for the money I'm quite happy with it. I looked at the Sentry and Stack-on options too.

Cabelas has the same basic safe but they call it the "ProVault".

Good luck!

My guess is they are getting crowded out by the other chinese stuff that is flooding the market and getting rebadged with 900 different names... they're not the only one making cheap safes anymore.

-Mike

Harbor Freight is selling Electronic Digital Floor Safe for $89.99 until the end of February. If anyone is interested, PM me with your email and I'll email you a scan of the coupon. HF usually accepts printed coupons.

I'll bet they charge you MA Sales Tax, though, and they're not supposed to for Gun Safes. I called them and they claim it's not just for guns, so they charge Tax.

Danvers claims they are Out Of Stock.

Call ahead to save a trip.

Last edited:
If anyone is looking for one. I got mine for way less than four seasons on Amazon. If you have prime its shipped free too. I got a big one on the cheap and if they are getting out the business get one now!

I have a sentry safe and I can say for the price I paid for it, I could have had a better quality safe fore less money at tractor supply, kinda pissed me off because I had no idea they sold them there.

So I could see them not making money with a over price safes.
Also big wig investers usually only care about the bottom line not what the product is. But you never know

I just picked up a Sentry OX55 for the trunk. Even though in MA a locked trunk is compliant, I wanted a little extra peace of mind. Tied it down with a Master Python cable. Perfect for that use. $67.00 all in from Amazon and a great feeling knowing I can stop on the way home from the range.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom