Shaunna O'Connell Enters Race for Mayor of Taunton

Letter to the Editor: O'Connell will go the extra mile for Taunton

By Mitchell Sylvester
Posted Aug 20, 2019 at 7:48 PM

Who can best lead Taunton? I strongly believe it is Shaunna O’Connell.

She has worked hard to make a positive difference. Despite the lack of fair coverage in this paper, we all know who has worked for Taunton. She is always at the events around the city. Unlike other representatives, she holds regular office hours.

You call her at the State House, O’Connell calls you back.

When O’Connell is not resolving a constituent problem, she is a fighter for change at the State House.

While other Taunton leaders want to tax us out of our homes, O’Connell has fought to cut taxes. She even personally worked to collect signatures to stop automatic gas tax hikes. No other Taunton elected official did that.

Shaunna O’Connell will go the extra mile for us as the next mayor.

Mitchell Sylvester

Taunton

68263288_1288533371310974_1664327972120690688_n.jpg

I was hoping she would take a shot at Governors race.

Here is my thought.

First, MA is amazing for ensuring politicians can run for races and not risk their current seats. Local is on the off year.

She WILL win. Expect Jeff Postell or someone else to take her seat next year.

She will be mayor for a couple terms, do a ton to improve Taunton then run for Gov. Shes showing managerial experience in this roll. It’s a stepping stone. Good for her. Could be GREAT for Mass.

She will be missed in the State House for sure though.

We are losing R's from the State Legislature. Don Humason (R) is leaving the Senate, just won the Mayor's race in Westfield. By 97 votes.

Not sure what we are gaining having these people become mayors.

Back
Top Bottom