• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SHOT show 2015

I had a blast. Here are a couple pics from the show. Sorry if I disappoint with my lack of new gear pictures and shit but I didn't want to be that obnoxious dude taking pics everywhere. There really wasnt anything overly ridiculous that I felt I needed to take pics of, anything that was I was too busy finger ****ing it to think to pull out my phone and photograph.

Honestly one of the coolest things I saw all day was a program that you load onto your computer that uses a webcam to detect laser impacts on a wall or projected screen. So using a SIRT pistol, or a laser pointer rigged into your pistol, you could set up an IPSC or other target in your basement and dry fire at it, and this would record your hits. If you had a SIRT and a webcam for your laptop you were pretty much gtg, the software was like $100. If you had a projector you could play situational training videos on it. Very cool.

I fingerbanged the FNX45 tactical for awhile, that is one hell of a pistol, the reset doesn't feel like your usual sloppy double action, and for me anyways the natural point of aim was excellent. I must have one.

Surefire is making some dope shit.

Glock is gay, unless your not one of the pocket 9mm fanboys. If you don't love the pocket rocket however, you will be excited to know that they are offering threaded barrels and red dot cut slides from the factory now. Probably old news?

Daniel Defenses products are incredible. Why anyone would buy Troy products is beyond me after seeing what Danny D is offering in the lightweight department.

Aimpoint is on their ****ing game, **** eotech and L3 communications who makes eotech, I came to this conclusion after seeing L3 product logos on the full body scanners at the airport today.

Trijicons VCOG is bad ass, I didn't look at that weird Leupold thing in person.

I was disappointed to not see BCM there this year.

There was a ton of dumb gimmicky shit there that I felt wasted time, flame throwing bro stuff, duck dynasty bullshit, etc.

I'm on the flight home now, I'll update this later maybe, here's some pics.

The butthurt Troy people after I messed with them.
IMG_20150121_102213_zpsvhirwrsf.jpg

The ZEV tech dude who stole my Allah Snackbar patch.
IMG_20150121_100522_zps7cxgm1mk.jpg

View from atop the danger boots booth
IMG_20150121_120258_zps2vlxeief.jpg

SHOT show was cool and all, but not nearly as cool as getting out to check out the Nevada country. I can't deal with big crowds for very long, bumping elbows with random ass ****in strangers and shit, and we were pretty worn out after the show all day Wednesday. Went out Thursday with my buddy mike and some friends he works with at the gun store. We shot all morning and then hiked about 5-6 miles up into red rock national park. Here are some of the pictures I took Thursday.
IMG_20150122_153620936_zps4wlotg5c.jpg

IMG_20150122_145209878_zpshcfxyzso.jpg

IMG_20150122_153620936_zps4wlotg5c.jpg

IMG_20150122_143444851_zps5ek9sndr.jpg

IMG_20150122_154024657_zps0n9yju7y.jpg

Here is a picture of "their" range, these guys have it made out here, I thought I had a badass range. We were shooting their ARs out to 600-700 yards. Definitely made me appreciate the power of a variable power scope on your rifle. The coolest part of shooting out there was that red flag is going on at Nellis currently so we were constantly getting overflown by A10s and F15s doing bombing and strafing runs a ways out to the east of us, you could hear the bombs going off, very very cool. I held my own for using borrowed gear, had to rock a ****ing serpa, I forgot how much that sucks. I ended up wedging a piece of paper under that gay ass paddle release while we were doing pistol drills. We all swapped some good drills, it was great. I think they took video if I get ahold of it I'll post it. Sorry for the lack of pictures.
IMG_20150122_102703474_zpssorojt4v.jpg

Back
Top Bottom