• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SHOT show 2015

Skip to 2:30.

[video=youtube_share;QuJ7mPMINOQ]http://youtu.be/QuJ7mPMINOQ?t=2m31s[/video]

Jeff has a magnificent tier 1 operator beard.

I wonder which Arabian Peninsula/royal family/"overseas customer" special ordered that only to finger **** it and/or dump a
magazine into the air to celebrate the wedding ceremony of one of his numerous daughters?

SHOT show is all about this. (Snap this from AWS FB).
D8156B17-31E6-4225-99CC-10B72EC829A2_zpsm9vcwi6j.jpg

Last edited:
Shot Show Report Mon - Thu

Day 1

Vegas Baby. Lots of cool guns. I could walk for miles
Day 1 evening - out till Coyote ugly closed. Hmm. How did I end up with a woman's cowboy hat on my head.

Day 2
Must get up. Seriously. I was drunk when I got up. hmm
Ruger LC9 Pro (striker fired, no safety) has a fantastic trigger.
Glock - I ask the guy about the single stack 9. He shakes his head. I tell him he should get a T shirt that says, "I don't know anything about a single stack 9"

Hangover is kicking in around noon. Sausage mcMuffin with Egg doesn't help.
I duck out to a walgreens for a shooter of Vodka and with a sewing kit from the Venetian, I lance the blisters on my feet. (It beats buying rubbing alcohol because I'd only use a cap ful and would just have to leave it in my room when I left). My friend's fit bit says we walked 16 miles.

We Rally and go to the Crye Precision party that's being put on for a bunch of SOF guys returning home. Its crazy. Tennis ball fights, drifter cars. Sponsors included Oakley, Crye, Academi, Sig, Knights Armament and others. Cocktail waitresses are strippers from the Crazy Horse. Swell.

Which reminds me of one thing. Remember a couple of years ago when all the poseurs dressed like cops with the high and tight hair. That is so so so out. Now the look is a full beard LaRue hat with Oakleys resting on the brim. It just so happens that the real deal guys look like that. But so do the poseurs. Too bad for the real deal guys. I started all my conversations with guys at the Crye party with "Thank you for your service". Yeah, I'm a pussy, but I'm a respectful pussy.

Back to poseurs. I met a guy at my hotel who had it all, tactical beard, glasses, hat, 5-11 pants, big watch, tan boots, and a back pack with an infidel rocker on it. I shook his hand and noticed that his hands were softer than my wifes hands. Ha.

Day 3
My blisters have blisters.
SILENCERS!!!. There are a lot of great new silencers coming out. Thunderbeast has new cans that are (predictably) lighter and quieter. Silencerco has the Omega. Its the can the Harvester should have been. Dead air has launched. There is a buzz around Rugged Silencers even though they aren't there. I talked to the guys from Sig. They have some innovative new tube-less cans. I'm thinking of selling off one of my daughters to get a select fire MPX.

We all make fun of the ridiculous Jessie James Guns silencer, and the even more ridiculous brochure. "The lease suppression!!". Hmm. Reduces a 9mm to 78 decibels. Hmm. It looks like a stylized aluminum dildo. This is truly a can for those who don't actually intend to shoot it. Oh yeah, and his logo looks like a butt plug.

6cc58822e9db757749df522e03032fc0.jpg

CZ has a bunch of cool pistols including the new 1911 A1. Its a military repro with a few tweaks that make it better to shoot, like better sighs, while still retaining a classic look. I asked if it was made in Norwich NY by Dan Wesson. The guy smiled and answered "I can only say that its made in the US". Ha.

The CZ Scorpion is very very cool. Its another 9mm sub gun that is being released as a pistol in the US. Select fire guns will be readily available to any Class 2 or 3 folks with a law letter.

Which reminds me, the Sig brakes are EVERYWHERE and they are on EVERYTHING.

Which reminds me. I saw 2 ATF guys getting their pictures taken with a booth babe with boobs larger than either of their heads. I pretended to take a pic of them and said "About that sig brace". They laughed pretty hard.

Day 3 Night - Really dragging ass. But its time to go see
Carrot Top and he is freaking AWESOME

All you naysayers. Have you ever even seen him. He even had a Patriotsssssssssss joke. Ha.

Just finished washing my feet and lancing some new blisters. Ironically, the shoes that are doing the best for me are my Birkenstock sandals. Ha.

One more day.

Don

Last edited:
Day 1

Day 1 evening - out till Coyote ugly closed. Hmm. How did I end up with a woman's cowboy hat on my head.

Day 2
Glock - I ask the guy about the single stack 9. He shakes his head. I tell him he should get a T shirt that says, "I don't know anything about a single stack 9"

I duck out to a walgreens for a shooter of Vodka and with a sewing kit from the Venetian, I lance the blisters on my feet. (It beats buying rubbing alcohol because I'd only use a cap ful and would just have to leave it in my room when I left). My friend's fit bit says we walked 16 miles.

We Rally and go to the Crye Precision party that's being put on for a bunch of SOF guys returning home. Its crazy. Tennis ball fights, drifter cars. Sponsors included Oakley, Crye, Academi, Sig, Knights Armament and others. Cocktail waitresses are strippers from the Crazy Horse. Swell.

Which reminds me of one thing. Remember a couple of years ago when all the poseurs dressed like cops with the high and tight hair. That is so so so out. Now the look is a full beard LaRue hat with Oakleys resting on the brim. It just so happens that the real deal guys look like that. But so do the poseurs. Too bad for the real deal guys. I started all my conversations with guys at the Crye party with "Thank you for your service". Yeah, I'm a pussy, but I'm a respectful pussy.

Back to poseurs. I met a guy at my hotel who had it all, tactical beard, glasses, hat, 5-11 pants, big watch, tan boots, and a back pack with an infidel rocker on it. I shook his hand and noticed that his hands were softer than my wifes hands. Ha.

Day 3
SILENCERS!!!. There are a lot of great new silencers coming out. Thunderbeast has new cans that are (predictably) lighter and quieter. Silencerco has the Omega. Its the can the Harvester should have been. Dead air has launched. There is a buzz around Rugged Silencers even though they aren't there. I talked to the guys from Sig. They have some innovative new tube-less cans. I'm thinking of selling off one of my daughters to get a select fire MPX.

We all make fun of the ridiculous Jessie James Guns silencer, and the even more ridiculous brochure. "The lease suppression!!". Hmm. Reduces a 9mm to 78 decibels. Hmm. It looks like a stylized aluminum dildo. This is truly a can for those who don't actually intend to shoot it. Oh yeah, and his logo looks like a butt plug.

CZ has a bunch of cool pistols including the new 1911 A1. Its a military repro with a few tweaks that make it better to shoot, like better sighs, while still retaining a classic look. I asked if it was made in Norwich NY by Dan Wesson. The guy smiled and answered "I can only say that its made in the US". Ha.

The CZ Scorpion is very very cool. Its another 9mm sub gun that is being released as a pistol in the US. Select fire guns will be readily available to any Class 2 or 3 folks with a law letter.

Which reminds me. I saw 2 ATF guys getting their pictures taken with a booth babe with boobs larger than either of their heads. I pretended to take a pic of them and said "About that sig brace". They laughed pretty hard.

All you naysayers. Have you ever even seen him. He even had a Patriotsssssssssss joke. Ha.

Just finished washing my feet and lancing some new blisters. Ironically, the shoes that are doing the best for me are my Birkenstock sandals. Ha.

One more day.

Don

[laugh] excellent summary.

however i gotta ask: on a scale from one to ted kennedy how drunk were you for the carrot top show?

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

One more day.

Don

nice writeup! - but where's the pic of the ATF guys with small heads?

[laugh] excellent summary.

however i gotta ask: on a scale from one to ted kennedy how drunk were you for the carrot top show?

I was not drunk at all for Carrot top. I was so beat that I napped in my room before the show and only bought 1 beer and a bottled water at the show.

Back to guns. Korth had their standard semi auto pistol and revolvers on hand. I so so so lust after their revolvers. The revolver trigger is very very smooth as you would expect. Its also lighter than the trigger in my custom 66 that has a lighter main spring intended to only be used for federal primers. The guy confirmed that the pull was standard.

Last edited:
Oh yeah. And because the bottom is falling out of the AR market, Rock River Arms is back in the 1911 business. They had some very nice stuff. All forged. Not that plastic framed abomination they tried to push last year.

I'm glad i sold that mid 2000s RRA 1911 last year. The new ones will be priced at Les Baer levels (less than 2K)

To anyone there. The Aguila ammo booth has the best booth babes of the show.

Vegas is a funny place. I saw a lunch lady working at a buffet who could have passed for a hooker.

Oh yeah. And because the bottom is falling out of the AR market, Rock River Arms is back in the 1911 business. They had some very nice stuff. All forged. Not that plastic framed abomination they tried to push last year.

I'm glad i sold that mid 2000s RRA 1911 last year. The new ones will be priced at Les Baer levels (less than 2K)

Vegas is a funny place. I saw a lunch lady working at a buffet who could have passed for a hooker.

Did they ever sell the Polly 1911?
They have had the comming soon ad for a few years.

Day job (In a word: Benefits).

Love me all the the SMG boomsticks. She is Hawt...

Now everyone will be manufacturing subguns with rifling inside and outside the barrel.

Day 1

Don

Is he still jacked up on roids?

The Mexican lunch trucks seem to have such a good reputation that the show caters built a fake truck (plywood) around their grill on the shot show floor.

Back
Top Bottom