Shotgun loaded

that sounds insane make me some
No.
You sir are a sick man! [smile]
Just thorough.
I like the way you work, sir [devil2]
One round cuts down a 6" diameter maple tree.
I'm assuming that it sounds better than the crap music that kids listen to today. [smile]
I just gave you rep points.

EDIT: I should add that I use a rifled barrel to ensure that I get a good spread at indoor ranges. Seriously.... Don't break into my house.

The 12 Gauge Bolo. [smile] I've seen it for sale in a few places.

I can guarantee that mine is better. I did lots of testing.

I read about it in the 70's, then made some and perfected the load in a Vermont cornfield.

You guys may think I'm joking, but this load is for real, and it's devastating.

I keep my Mossberg Cruiser with a tube full of 00 Buck and hidden but secured in a Mossberg Lock Box. Its disguised.[wink]

I also keep 2 Saiga 12 mags loaded with 00 Buck and 4 30 round AK mags ready in case shit ever does hit the fan. Those are also put away under lock and key but accessible to me in an instant.

I read about it in the 70's, then made some and perfected the load in a Vermont cornfield.

So that's what happened to Vermont. I'd been wondering.

I don't doubt it. After all, the ones for sale by mail order that I've seen have 2 slugs with a wire in the middle.

I don't doubt it. After all, the ones for sale by mail order that I've seen have 2 slugs with a wire in the middle.

Use wound hex core phosphor-bronze (D'Addario) bass G strings and four 1/2 ounce soft lead split shots. Crimp one at each end, and two in the middle, 6" apart.

Last edited:
I agree 100% without a fault. What I do not do is advocate or confess to breaking MA storage laws on a public forum frequently monitored by the AG [wink] [wink] [wink]

Good thinking, I am the same way. SCOTUS' ruling was interesting too, particularly about what justice Scalia had to say about DC residents having to keep their guns in the home unloaded and locked up. A friend of mine uses this to help him feel better about leaving a shotgun next to his bed at night, although he also mentioned that he's been sleeping like a baby anyway now that he has the comfort of a shotgun next to his bed at night.

Good thinking, I am the same way. SCOTUS' ruling was interesting too, particularly about what justice Scalia had to say about DC residents having to keep their guns in the home unloaded and locked up. A friend of mine uses this to help him feel better about leaving a shotgun next to his bed at night, although he also mentioned that he's been sleeping like a baby anyway now that he has the comfort of a shotgun next to his bed at night.

Sorry, but this is Talisman Thinking (tm).

Not worth diddly-do, IMO.

On the HD shotgun, the tube is loaded, chamber isn't.

+1

My Mossy 500's tube is loaded with 00 Buck. And I don't mind having to go "Clack-Clack" to get mine ready to go. I'm also not worried about giving my position away to the BG. Chances are, that when they break into my house at 3am, they know... and I know... that there's a 99.99% chance I'll be sleeping in my bedroom [wink]

Use wound hex core phosphor-bronze (D'Addario) bass G strings and four 1/2 ounce soft lead split shots. Crimp one at each end, and two in the middle, 6" apart.

Will a standard wad keep the wire off the barrel, or does it need any reinforcement? Oh, and 3" hulls, right?

I want to see it in action on a pumpkin!

I made these with a friend's press a few years ago (I don't load shotgun myself) and only have a few left. You'll have to make your own if you want to see what it does to a pumpkin. Just for the record, it will cut it in half along with the target stand.

Will a standard wad keep the wire off the barrel, or does it need any reinforcement? Oh, and 3" hulls, right?

3" hulls and I used a standard wad. I have no idea if the wad kept the wire off the barrel, but phosphor bronze and lead are softer than steel, and I didn't shoot (or make) very many of them.

Back
Top Bottom