shotgun targets?

i was just wondering what some of you guys shoot for targets with shotguns, besides clays. if you want to do a close quarters or tactical type of training with shotguns you can only hit a paper target a few times before its useless. has anyone come up with any good ideas for this?

There really aren't a lot of good choices that'll stand up to multiple shots from a shotgun. A shotgun 'is what it is', for exactly that reason.

If I could set up a range on my own property, I'd go with old stuff like appliances, cookpots, etc. The problem is most public ranges and lots of clubs don't let you get creative.

For activities like patterning your gun, just bring lots of paper.

A lot of guys use the old boxes from the trap/skeet range (then throw out the larger chunks). Me I usually use paper. Bought a big roll of that stuff from Home Depot that they put down on hardwood when working. Relatively cheap, and fits over the target stands. Set up 3 or 4 at a time and have some fun.

A lot of guys use the old boxes from the trap/skeet range (then throw out the larger chunks). Me I usually use paper. Bought a big roll of that stuff from Home Depot that they put down on hardwood when working. Relatively cheap, and fits over the target stands. Set up 3 or 4 at a time and have some fun.

flooring paper - great idea!!

some good ideas guys thanks. i started thinking of hangin clays on wood stakes that i could put in and remove from the range they are light and cheap, and the clays are easy to replace and cheap as well

some good ideas guys thanks. i started thinking of hangin clays on wood stakes that i could put in and remove from the range they are light and cheap, and the clays are easy to replace and cheap as well

But they're a PITA to clean up from a rifle range where they're not wanted. Better check first.

Back
Top Bottom