• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shout Out - Green Mountain Rifle Barrel Co

EddieZoom

NES Member
In the Conway NH area and thought I'd stop my my favorite rifle barrel store to pick up a barrel that I don't really need for an AR build that I really don't need ;-)

To my dismay, the storefront is no longer open....not sure when it officially closed but it looks like it's been awhile....that sucks.

I walked around back to the factory/warehouse and started wandering around. Talked to a guy on his smoke break and he wasn't sure if they did "cash & carry" but pointed me in the direction of the office through a few doors and up some stairs. Got to a locked door with a phone on the wall. Within a few minutes I was speaking to a very nice sales person who told me "I'm sure we can figure it out". Twenty minutes later, left with my bead blasted beauty.

Nice people....old school....well done.

I remember going into I think i remember it being White Mountain firearms? Right on the right side before the main drag into North Conway, I loved that store and gave them a lot of business over the years, sadly they are gone as well

In the Conway NH area and thought I'd stop my my favorite rifle barrel store to pick up a barrel that I don't really need for an AR build that I really don't need ;-)

To my dismay, the storefront is no longer open....not sure when it officially closed but it looks like it's been awhile....that sucks.

I walked around back to the factory/warehouse and started wandering around. Talked to a guy on his smoke break and he wasn't sure if they did "cash & carry" but pointed me in the direction of the office through a few doors and up some stairs. Got to a locked door with a phone on the wall. Within a few minutes I was speaking to a very nice sales person who told me "I'm sure we can figure it out". Twenty minutes later, left with my bead blasted beauty.

Have a few of these barrels, still unbuilt....I think I mail ordered them. It was a while ago.

Have my Green Mtn 14.5 from the NES group buy way back when. Had a YHM brake welded on for my "all New England" themed carbine. YHM folding site/gas block and 7" YHM quad rail, and Matrix (NH) flat top.

Shoots nice but appologies if youve been at the range next to me. Its a tad "barky"

how do those barrels compare to aero, faxon, bartlein and others? where do they stand in the pecking order?

I didn't know they were in NH.

I have been thinking of a new barrel for a 458 Win Mag. I wonder if they can help me.

Got me a GMB for a M16a1 upper and they were awesome to deal with.

Haven't fired a shot out of that 1:12 barrel yet, but I'd use them in a heartbeat for other builds.

I bought a lot of shit from them, they are very affordable.

On the other hand, they were one of the first NH companies who charged MA taxes waaaaay before Mora pressed the others and with internet sales became mandatory to collect destination state tax. So there is that, don't get too excited.

how do those barrels compare to aero, faxon, bartlein and others? where do they stand in the pecking order?
Green Mountain is good to go. I would not hesitate to use one of their barrels for an AR build.

I'd put Bartlein in the upper precision tier with Krieger, Lilja, Douglas.
Aero / BA with Satern and both a hair ahead of Criterion in the reasonable price precision tier. I think Green Mountain is close to this tier, maybe a half step above standard barrels such as Mossberg, FN, etc.
I'm not a fan of Faxon. I know they have their fanbois but one friend had issues with one of their barrels and I have seen several legit posts in various forums that detail some QC problems w/ pics. Hit and miss, which leads me elsewhere for barrels.

On the other hand, they were one of the first NH companies who charged MA taxes waaaaay before Mora pressed the others and with internet sales became mandatory to collect destination state tax. So there is that, don't get too excited.
Buy in person like I did....no sales tax and as an added bonus...free shipping ;-)

Back
Top Bottom