Show me your 10/22!

With all the customizations possible for these guns and the price point these rifles start at, I'm guessing a ton of people on here have them. A 10/22 can be made into so many variants, AK, AR, Dragonov, Race Rifles, etc. They are made to be fun and cheap to shoot.

They are no substitute for a true battle rifle, but none the less they make for a great time at the range for all ages. Word has it if you put an auto bolt release and tech sights you'll be an Appleseed rifleman in no time, but I'll leave that for the rest of you to try.

A gallery thread can't be started without a picture, so my two are below:

DSC01704.jpg

DSC01674.jpg

IMG_4217.JPG

I posted this last month, it's a 10/22 fit into a modified M1 Carbine stock, with a pair of Ruger factory rotary magazines glued back to back to make a 20 rnd m1-carbine-style mag. Tech Sights model 200 (windage and elevation adjustable).

IMG_4217.JPG

I posted this last month, it's a 10/22 fit into a modified M1 Carbine stock, with a pair of Ruger factory rotary magazines glued back to back to make a 20 rnd m1-carbine-style mag. Tech Sights model 200 (windage and elevation adjustable).

Now THAT'S cool as hell! How did you make that stock work? It must have been quite time consuming.

Now THAT'S cool as hell! How did you make that stock work? It must have been quite time consuming.

I went through about 20 of those dremel sanding drums. I bedded the receiver using epoxy putty.

They are no substitute for a true battle rifle, but none the less they make for a great time at the range for all ages. Word has it if you put an auto bolt release and tech sights you'll be an Appleseed rifleman in no time, but I'll leave that for the rest of you to try.

It worked for me. Nothing fancy but it got my 211, enough to get the patch and NOT get doused. You should give it a try.

dscf8199.jpg

dscf8200.jpg

Sure ill give it a try eventually. Since I found out you can do it with any caliber I'm going to use my AR

If you've got the $ to shoot 500-600+ rounds of 5.56/.223 go right ahead. You can build an LTR and buy the .22LR ammo for for about the cost of centerfire ammo. If you really want to use an AR look into getting a .22LR conversion. You could justify a conversion kit or a large portion of a dedicated .22LR upper in just one weekend of Appleseed.

-Predator Gunstocks Raptor stock in Atomic Red
-16.5" Tactical Solutions Barrel in Matte Black
-Dednutz 1 piece Scope Mount
-Mueller APV 4-14.5x40

-Power Custom Extended Bolt Handle
-Power Custom Hammer
-Power Custom Sear
-Power Custom Titanium Firing Pin
-Volquartsen Automatic Bolt Release
-Volquartsen Exact Edge Extractor
-Volqaurtsen Take Down Bolt
-Tuffer Buffer Bolt Buffer
-New Ruger Bolt
-Tactical Solutions Extended Magazine Release

Here's one of mine that I bought to the last Shirley shoot:

100_0694-1.jpg

I went the K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid) route with nothing but a Stainless Butler Creek barrel, Choate stock, Weaver base, Warne rings, Harris bi pod, and a Mueller APV scope.

It takes out golf balls at 100 yards and It'll shred string at 75 yards, just ask Fixxah. [smile]

I had two built 10/22s but just shipped one off to a new home with a NES member.

Here's my keeper.
Ruger 10/22 Target
Intensity Optics 4-12x44
Volquartsen Target hammer / extended mag release
Butler Creek 20" fluted Tri-port barrel
10/22Magnun bolt handle
Tuffer Buffer
Shooters Ridge bipod

DSC01752.jpg

DSC01755.jpg

DSC01754.jpg

-Predator Gunstocks Raptor stock in Atomic Red
-16.5" Tactical Solutions Barrel in Matte Black
-Dednutz 1 piece Scope Mount
-Mueller APV 4-14.5x40

-Power Custom Extended Bolt Handle
-Power Custom Hammer
-Power Custom Sear
-Power Custom Titanium Firing Pin
-Volquartsen Automatic Bolt Release
-Volquartsen Exact Edge Extractor
-Volqaurtsen Take Down Bolt
-Tuffer Buffer Bolt Buffer
-New Ruger Bolt
-Tactical Solutions Extended Magazine Release

Nice. Makes me want to sell a few things in order to make the build I've been dreaming of.

my humble 10/22s

This is my 10/22T with factory heavy target barrel and laminate stock.
The scope is a Barska 4-16 x 50.

0718091313a.jpg

I recently installed a Volquarsten exact edge extractor and a complete action kit with hammer, sear, trigger, disconnector, recoil buffer and of coarse a extended magazine release and automatic bolt release. The trigger pull on this rifle is 2.5lbs and smooth and crisp.

The best I can muster is 3/4" groups at 50 yards, but I need to try some other ammunition and I'm sure they will tighten up to 1/2".

My second 10/22 recently purchased, this one came with the plastic trigger group.

0718091311a.jpg

I installed a set of Tech sights, sling studs, swivels and a GI cotton sling. I also replaced all of the original plastic trigger components with the factory parts from my 10/22 T. I stoned the hammer as shown on Rimfirecentral, and polished up all the contact points. This rifle also got a Volquarsten exact edge extractor, buffer, and automatic bolt release. (It came with an extended magazine release) I fired this one for the first time today. I shot about 400 rounds (federal bulk) and I was amazed to not have even a single malfunction. I think the extractor upgrade is a must have.

The first 20 rounds are seen here, I didn't even have to adjust the sights. All in a 2" square at 25 yards.

0718090949a.jpg

Sleeper 10/22

It doesn't look like much, but it's got a lot a little money and a lot of work in it:
BobsSuperstock.jpg

Here's how it shoots off the bipod @ 25yards.
The target is per rimfirecentral.com's rules to get into the Quarter Inch Club:
-Shoot 4 groups of 5 shots.
-Shoot 4 individual holes.
-Measure and average the holes and subtract the average from the edge to edge group measurement to get group size.
-3 of 4 groups must be under 1/4".
10_22QuarterInchClub.jpg

MODIFICATIONS:
* Trigger honing job. Now about 4 lbs
* JB Weld trigger mod to reduce take-up.
* 2nd action screw at back of action.
* Epoxy bedded action.
* Floated barrel.
* Green Mountain match sporter weight stainless barrel.
* Pinned firing pin.
* Versa-Pod (with mods to reduce floppyness.
* BSA Sweet-22 scope (I was lucky and got a good one).

it's not much next to what you guys have got but i just got the glass from PSS this morning so now i see myself taking it to the range more often. i was getting sick of the BSA red dot i had on there... that was kind of an impulse buy.

attachment.php

if later on down the line i decide i want a barrel and stock i can see my rifle turning out a lot like cockpitbob's (which is very nice btw!) externally anyway.

There are lots of advantages to having a scout style set up. Wider FOV is the biggest.

I had a K31 with scout set up that replaced the rear sight leaf. I used a Simmons Pro Hunter handgun scope which worked well, but I always wondered how a true scout style scope would have worked. There are a few companies making these now.

Back
Top Bottom