• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sideplate screw 686-6

Anyone know the size, thread and opicth of a SW 686-6 side plate screw? I would rather just go down to Ace if I can, rather than wait for one to be shipped.

IMG_0405.jpg

Last edited:
There may be more than two sizes. The one that holds the crane pivot in place is not something you can find at a hardware store. And I'm not sure the other two would be either... Numrich usually has most of the random screws I've ever looked for that have been lost or damaged...

The screws on my 19-3 aren't anything you would find in a hardware store
Head isn't standard, thread pitch is very fine

There may be more than two sizes. The one that holds the crane pivot in place is not something you can find at a hardware store. And I'm not sure the other two would be either... Numrich usually has most of the random screws I've ever looked for that have been lost or damaged...
I ordered from numrich.

There used to be a John Ruskin quote inside the cover of the paper Brownell's catalogs:

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When
you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay
too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you
bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The
common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a
lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well
to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will
have enough to pay for something better.”​

Seriously?

1631923860042.png

Do it right or don't do it at all...

Saw you ordered from Numrich. You could have just also just called or emailed S&W they'd probably send em to you for free or for cost of postage.

Back
Top Bottom