Sig Mosquito

Stopped at R&R out in Belchertown after fishing the Swift this afternoon. They had a SIG mosquito, new, for sale. Apparently they are now MA compliant. Nice gun, feels real nice, probably not as accurate as a Ruger Mark II or III, sight is on the slide, but nice. Around $440.00

I picked up mine about 2 weeks ago from Four Seasons ($399.00), nice pistol...just wish that it came with 2 mags instead of just 1. So far mine has been working fine with CCI minimags. Had a few feeding problems with CCI stingers. I also changed the mainspring to the one that comes extra, maybe that made the difference. :?

Who was it that said "Only accurate guns are interesting." ?
I was interested in the SIG, until I read some of the online reviews that seemed to indicate marginal accuracy. The world of .22's is overflowing with mediocre handguns.
I've looked, in vain, for a couple of decades for a really accurate, semi-auto factory .22 handgun that is also handy to carry.
The closest I've found is the 4" Browning Buckmark, which is sadly, no longer available to Massachusetts shooters.
I'm currently pondering the purchase of a Marvel .22 conversion for the Colt Officers Model (should fit other small 1911 frames also). The target version is somewhat pricey, at $400 with only 1 mag, but the accuracy specs are encouraging.

You can take this for what it may be worth

I feel in love with the Mosquito when I first saw it and bought myself one on CHristmas Eve.

So far, I have gone through seven different kinds of ammo including for different versions of CCI. I've had nothing but problems, failure to feed, jams, etc.

I called Sig and they said to bring it to them so I drove up to Exeter Tuesday and dropped it off.

I may be whistling in the dark here, but I believe when you buy a quality product an deal with a quality company, everything will be fine. That's what I believe.

I'll keep you posted

Wow...sorry to hear of all the problems you're having. Did you strip the gun down and clean & lube it all before using it the first time? Try changing the recoil spring with the extra one that comes in the box, that might help.

Back
Top Bottom