Sig P220 vs. S&W 680

If you could pick only one (for now), which would it be and why?

P.S. How do .357 mag and .45 ammo prices compare?

680 cause already have the P220, I figured that was a foundation gun for collection and I came across one in 97% condition
no box and two mags for 450.00 with papers. I stole that one.
Tank

I have both. For carry the 360 hands down. For range or home defense P220.
Get both!

The 360 is a bear to shoot with .357 loads. It hurts. It is not a gun to h ammer at the range. It is s very light wheelgun is chambered for a powerful round. It is great to carry I pocket carry in a coat and it just disappears.

On the other hand the 220 is a great gun for the range. I can shoot it all day (as long as I have ammo to feed it). I like the single/double action trigger, smooth action, and accuracy.

It really depends on the primary purpose of the gun.

Never fired either of those guns, but .357mag was running about a buck more a box at Blue Northern, with the little .357 they had.

I'm partial to Sigs anyway but I've got to agree with this. I SEE .45 fairly often at the stores but I rarely see .357

and ptanks - holy crap! A steal is an understatement! Dude! Well done!

Mm thanks. I carry .40 because I am most comfortable/accurate with that caliber. I rarely carry too. People in MA just seem to be so damn nice. The only time someone has REALLY been rude to me in the past 8 years was at Showcase Cinemas in Lowell, and even then it was just posturing. I was looking for a new toy for the range, and a new caliber to be proficient with, since I don't own either a .45 or a .357 mag. Home defense is a 12ga shotgun all the way.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom