• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sights for a vent rib barrel

I'm looking for sights for a mossberg 500 vent rib barrel. I've seen some such as Tru glo fiber optic sights that mount on the rib, but most like those don't seem to hold up to the shock factor.

Can any one recommend some? I would rather pass on buying another barrel with rifle sights if I have to, but depending on the price of the sights, I just may.

Thanks for any input.

I want to use it for shooting slugs hunting also. I figured easy on off sights would be good for slugs, take them off for clays, and most likely more accurate with a rear and front sight than the two beads.

youd be surprised how well you can do with just the bead.

if you still want to do it, you can cut the front portion of the rib off and put on an LPA front band sight. Or if the rib isnt lose like mine where it can wiggle then just mount a front sight ramp on it.

another questions is what does the receiver have for rear mounting? drilled and tapped, rail?

Yes, but I have a riffled barrel with a cantilever rail for a scope for sabots.
Just want a barrel so I can use open sights when I want to, turkey comes to mind.

Seems they all pretty much mount on the same way. Seems like more of a PITA than its worth, with having to use loc tite to secure them in place. I'm not sure I would trust them with out it.

I put a set of the cheapo snap on ones with the sticky two face tape. They were about 20 bucks. I use them on all my vent rib shotties. Have only lost one front sight to some briers a year ago. Other than that I've got sets over 6 yrs old..

Back
Top Bottom