• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Signature on a non-res. LTC?

GSG

On my CT non-resident License to Carry, there's a space on the front marked "Signature." The only problem is, the card is laminated pretty heavily, and I don't know of a pen that could write on it, and a sharpie would be too thick to read my signature. If I don't have to sign it and make it look crappy, I won't, so I'm wondering, does the card have to be signed?

They generally print the scanned signature from your application in that spot; it's not for direct application.

Oh, OK. It's just a line with nothing on it on mine...good to know though, thanks Rob.

Is the out of state CT an easy license to get? ie, do you need letters of reference? Do you need a home state ALP?

Last edited:
Is the out of state CT an easy license to get? ie, do you need letters of reference? Do you need a home state ALP?

I have the packet from them, and you need:

1. Copy of permit(s) to carry a pistol or revolver (with all information clearly legible)
2. DPS 46 Application Card for non-residents - notarized
3. DPS799-C Application Form for non-residents - notarized
4. DPS 129-C with attached 2x2 color photo (passport) - notarized
5. Fingerprint cards- both the blue and green cards with cashiers check or money order payable to the Department of Public Safety for $24.00 (After October 1, 2007 the fee will be reduced from $24.00 to $19.25).
6. Check or money order for $35.00 payable to DPS
7. Documentation of successfully completing a Firearms Safety course for pistols and revolvers
8. A copy of citizenship (birth certificate, US passport, votewr registration card.
9. Legal Alien Residents need to provide a copy of their Alien Registration card and 90-day proof of residency within their state. If applicable, a copy of naturalization papers should be sent with application.
10 If applicable, include a copy of form DD214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty from military, specifically stating "Honorable" discharge
11 Authorization for Release of personal information (notarized) is optional but may be necessary in processing application.

Connecticut General Statute Sec 29-28a(b) allows 8 weeks to process an application

Hope this helps...

Last edited:
Thank you, it doesn't look to bad. And the price seems right. I'm wondering if I can deliver the package to them personally and have them scan my prints in. I've had fingerprint cards returned to me twice, and once additionally a bad smudge rendered them useless. I'll give them a call. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom