Significant Other LTC Training - April 7th, 10am to 4 pm.

A big thank you to Lynne, her crew, all those who worked to put this on and MFG!
Barb had a great time. Here's some of her comments:
"Lynne was AWESOME! Lynne was patient and took time to explain everything. It was an enjoyable experience with no pressure."

It was nice to see members that I've met before and some that I hadn't.
I had a great lunch and road trip with LenS and Jaxon. It was a super way to spend the day.

Lynne, I'm so happy you stepped up to do this. I've taken Barb shooting but I never went beyond the necessary basics with her. She says I don't have patience with her. This is what she wanted and needed!
I hope others will take advantage of this opportunity in the future.

When we got back Deena asked me what I bought, I told her "nothing but I did see this neat . . . " She asked how much and then said "that's fine" . . . so I placed a call and will pick it up on Monday! [devil]

Damn! I should have kept my mouth shut!

Lynne, it was a pleasure meeting you today. Thank you for all your effort and thanks to all your crew. Chrissie had a ball, though she would have liked 50 degrees warmer.

Now to fit a Walther P22 into the budget for my wife as the .22 was her favorite to shoot.

Jamie and C-pher, thanks for starting this.

Nice meeting all the NES'er today.

I'm a little late to the party tonight but feel the need to chime in. First a HUGE Thanks to Lynne and all who instructed, also thanks to Cpher for setting up use of the club, Mansfield fish and game also thanks for the use of your facilities, again a thanks to Greg and Ted for the Ammo for the ladies, and to anyone whom I have left out I apologize and thank you as well. [bow]

It was great to meet some fellow NESers and I look forward to seeing some of you again soon (Smith and Wesson tour is rapidly approaching). [smile]

Stephanie enjoyed meeting all of you and is looking forward to more fun at the range. I guess I'll have to share all of my toys now [sad] .

Thanks big time to all involved. My wife enjoyed it dispite the chill. Lynne, she really liked your teaching style! Now to get her an ALP LTC!

cheers,
Chuck

Sorry, in my attempt to comprehensively thank everyone . . . I missed a few.

MANY THANKS to C-pher and Jamie . . . without them championing this and putting it in front of us and the MF&G BOD, it would never have happened!

Thanks guys! Great job!

What were the pistols they shot today? It'll be easier for me to narrow down what she liked.

She shot my stuff Jon. I had a Browning .22 (I don't remember what type it is tho hun - I'll check and let you know), a Smith and Wesson 5906 and my Rossi .38 with rubber grips.

Even tho it was a drive, Ed and I really had a good time. The biggest payment for me was seeing all the smiles. [smile]

Today Deena asked me "how much is a Spouse membership at MF&G?" IIRC, it is an additional $20.

Perhaps we should contact one another when one of the women who participated in the class would like to go shooting there, and see if others might also join them (along with the men)? If we have more guests than MF&G members at one time, perhaps we can request some special dispensation for a short time wrt # guests until some of them "get onboard" and decide to become members?

This can be done at other clubs too, for those of you where the men belong to other clubs. [Deena and I both belong to Braintree R&P, and I'm a member at Mansfield F&G . . . I get the idea that Deena may decide to join there too soon. [wink] ]

Just an idea?

Everything that needed to be said has already been said - thanks SO much to EVERYONE who made this happen, and it was WONDERFUL getting to meet everyone. I look forward to seeing you all again soon (hopefully at Smith & Wesson).

-Christopher

Today Deena asked me "how much is a Spouse membership at MF&G?" IIRC, it is an additional $20.

Perhaps we should contact one another when one of the women who participated in the class would like to go shooting there, and see if others might also join them (along with the men)? If we have more guests than MF&G members at one time, perhaps we can request some special dispensation for a short time wrt # guests until some of them "get onboard" and decide to become members?

This can be done at other clubs too, for those of you where the men belong to other clubs. [Deena and I both belong to Braintree R&P, and I'm a member at Mansfield F&G . . . I get the idea that Deena may decide to join there too soon. [wink] ]

Just an idea?

Yep, it's 20 bucks. I just figured that she was already a memeber being that she's at the members meetings.

As I said in the thread in the Gereral Section, where the people of the club can see... Nicolle said the same thing. About shooting at MFG that is...

Hey guys!

Well, I'm finally on here...we've been non-stop ever since we left the club yesterday!

I wanted to thank everyone for their help, their support of women shooters and all! Please pass my thanks onto Mansfield F & G, I know how hard it can be to get organizations to take on activities like this and it certainly speaks volumes for their membership!

Lynne it was great to meet you...you are fabulous! It was great to meet everyone...and Cpher....please tell Nicole I really enjoyed spending time with her again...looking forward to a lot more of that!

Kristen

[grin]

Last edited:
Yep, it's 20 bucks. I just figured that she was already a memeber being that she's at the members meetings.

As I said in the thread in the Gereral Section, where the people of the club can see... Nicolle said the same thing. About shooting at MFG that is...

No, she's only come with me when we were heading off to another meeting right after the MF&G meeting. It's also part of my "plot" that if she meets some of the folks (some of whom she knows from BR&P, SF&G, etc.) she might get the idea to join too! [wink]

Psst! Don't tell anyone but this is also in the General forums where the MF&G members can read what is posted! [laugh] [laugh2]

Hey guys!

Well, I'm finally on here...we've been non-stop ever since we left the club yesterday!

I wanted to thank everyone for their help, their support of women shooters and all! Please pass my thanks onto Mansfield F & G, I know how hard it can be to get organizations to take on activities like this and it certainly speaks volumes for their membership!

Lynne it was great to meet you...you are fabulous! It was great to meet everyone...and Cpher....please tell Nicole I really enjoyed spending time with her again...looking forward to a lot more of that!

Kristen

[grin]

WHOO-HOO!! Glad to see you. Just remember...it's Nicolle with two L's. She seems to be picky about that... And no Nichole... She HATES that with a passion. LOL!

Yea, I'm looking forward for the 7 of us to get together more often...

Thanks to those who made this happen. It sounds like it was a good time, and it certainly seems like a great idea. I hope you can do this again some time in the future, as I know someone who is interested. The day before Easter just didn't work out this time around. How might this class be different from the "Women On Target" classes put on by GOAL? Thanks again for doing a good, positive thing.

(Better late then never [shocked] just a very busy weekend with Easter and all [smile] )

I just want to give a HUGE thanks to everyone that made this possible!!!! Just one of the many reasons I'm glad to be an NES member.

I finnally got time to talk with my wife about the class last night and she said she really liked it.

She is still a little timid, but figures she can work that out in a few more range trips. [smile]

I seriously can't thank you all enough for this class though. It really helped my wife a lot and she really got a lot from it.

Last night she actually said, "even though the .38 was a beast to shoot, she can see herself falling in love with the revolver over anything else." So I have to know what .38 she was shooting [wink] .

Until she gets her license, she will be plinking away with my P22.

THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE!!!!

Matt - that was Heather, right? I believe she worked with my husband Ed. The ".38" was actually his Ruger .357 - a Security Six. I really glad to hear that she enjoyed it. Ed said he wasn't too sure if she did or not, but maybe that was because she was nervous. [grin] I'm glad to hear that she did have a good time. Ed will be pleased too.

Matt - that was Heather, right? I believe she worked with my husband Ed. The ".38" was actually his Ruger .357 - a Security Six. I really glad to hear that she enjoyed it. Ed said he wasn't too sure if she did or not, but maybe that was because she was nervous. [grin] I'm glad to hear that she did have a good time. Ed will be pleased too.

yes, she was nervous. And my wife is a bit of a quiet gal by nature anyway and a bit uncomfortable around new people usually.

But after talking with her about it last night, I have no doubt that she enjoyed it.

(And it made her decide she needs to update he contact lens prescription [shocked] )

thanks for the info on the gun and thanks again [smile]

yes, she was nervous. And my wife is a bit of a quiet gal by nature anyway and a bit uncomfortable around new people usually.

But after talking with her about it last night, I have no doubt that she enjoyed it.

(And it made her decide she needs to update he contact lens prescription [shocked] )

thanks for the info on the gun and thanks again [smile]

<whew> In that case...[banana] [wink]

Thanks once again everyone. My wife Kelly had a good time and learned a lot.

And I learned she is a better shot than me (and she's only shot twice). She kept her target and she basically knocked out the ten ring. It's gonna be a little embarrassing taking her to the range. How far were they shooting from, 7 yards?

-Derek

Thanks once again everyone. My wife Kelly had a good time and learned a lot.

And I learned she is a better shot than me (and she's only shot twice). She kept her target and she basically knocked out the ten ring. It's gonna be a little embarrassing taking her to the range. How far were they shooting from, 7 yards?

-Derek

Was she the one in the cammo pants?

I think that she was working with Jamie. HOLY MOLY!! I wouldn't want to piss her off. She was a good shot.

--------------------------------------------------

I wish that I had time to find out who they all were married/dating.. To find out who was who.

I got to talk to a few before and after the class. But not that long. So, I wasn't sure who everyone was.

Yes, she shot with me. As she was shooting I was thinking I wouldn't want her to shoot at me! She is really a crack shot! Even with the GP100, most people pick that up and have trouble with it because it is so heavy...

Back
Top Bottom