SKS photos!!! lets see em

Anyone got any sks pics to show off? Here's my latest project. It a 1966 Chinese Paratrooper SKS from Arsenal 26. I have removed the bayo lug and duacoated all the metal matte black. Ram-lime syn stock, bi-pod, UTG 2nd gen socom tri rail, vortex strike fire red dot, metal vented handguard. Also cut a new 11 degree taget crown.

Hopefully in the near future I will be painting the stock blk & wht urban camo.

004.jpg 007.jpg

Chinese SKS is supposed to look like this:
SKS.JPG

Ya ya, I have 2 others that look just like that. I think the untouched SKS in one of the best looking millitary rifles ever built. However the SKS was obselete from the beginning. A post WW II rifle not capable of firing full auto, not having a removable mag, and horrible iron sights!?!? Come on now, my modified SKS is a better design then the original any day of the week and twice on sunday. m 14, m 16, AK 47, FN FAL...... well you know what they have in common. I took a nice relic and made it relivant in the modern world or any world after 1945 for that matter! Now I just need to make it full auto! lol

Nice gun though, what year?

Ha! I actually think it's ok to do what ever moves you with whatever you got. It's yours right? If you want to make it more yours, have fun, go to town with it. I have seen a couple of Tapco stocked bubba jobs that actually looked sweet. I think the Choate Dragonov stock is my favorite. If I came across an SKS that had been abused, I'd give it a go.

I may put a Tech Sights rear peep on mine but, nothing else.

I never was able to pin down the year of manufacture. It was unfired and packed with cosmoline when I got it.

However the SKS was obselete from the beginning. A post WW II rifle not capable of firing full auto, not having a removable mag, and horrible iron sights!?!? Come on now, my modified SKS is a better design then the original any day of the week and twice on sunday.

Obselete? Its still in use in to this day in countries all over the world and is carried by honor guard soldiers in China, Russia, Poland, etc.

Select fire versions were made, along with removable magazine models, and sniper variants btw, and there is nothing wrong with the sights. All in all for a rifle that first appeared in 1949 and is still taking lives all over the world over 60 years later, I'd say its doing quite well as is.

True, but unite all of those countries under one flag and put them up against the m 16, or AK. See what happens!
Its used by poor third world countries that can' t get modern arms. As for the honor guard, also true. The USA uses the
M1 garand in its honor guard. Probably the best battle rifle ever made, however that didn't stop
Springfield from rebuilding it after WWII to be selective fire and have a removable mag. They actually learned something
From the war. The SKS was flawed from the beginning and rejected over and over again. When he finally
Got it right..... REJECTED, because the AK had 2 key features that made it better!

Yes there were different variants, they just all came to late to matter. It was based off 1930's - 40's technology. Obselete!

Hey I love the look and power of a nice muscle car, but if I was in a race I'd pick a new toyota to drive.

Great thread !
I have one I bought when I was at Navy Arms from Val,I must have sold hundreds.How do you figure the date ?There is a triangle with a "bo" or 90 upside down (it can't be 90 as it was 88-89 when I bought it).Looks like cobbleparts twin
Thanks

Ray?

How am I supposed to maintain my mysterious persona?

You can't because guys like me would have to know if you had a complete NK and then if you did the planets would align and the ghost of Sergei Simonov would appear before me and hand me a mint 53 Izzy so I could have a model that you don't.[smile]

Back
Top Bottom